Thursday, April 2, 2009

In the Silence . . .




Silence is calling me...
I need and long to hear it once again
For only in Silence am I truly free
Free to hear, free to mend...

For the noise of life becomes too much...
And it seems that I might break
I want to scream to others, Hush!
There’s not much more I can take!

In the silence of my bed alone,
Not even God will speak...
In the silence of the night I roam
In its arms the peace I seek...

Then in the quiet I’m cradled and warm
And a song comes gentle to my ear
For in the silence is when I hear my Lord,
“Come, my child, there’s nothing to fear...”

“Jesus loves the little children,”
Then...”Jesus loves me, this I know”...
And, “What a Friend...”
“For the Bible tells me so...”

In the silence as the new day begins,
Cats purring, rain, and cock-a-doodle-doo
Listening only for the sounds He sends...
“Be not dismayed,”
today, I’ll “take care of you...”
--Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment