Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Discussion of The Political Seduction of the Church by Michael L. Brown - Article 3 - Preface - Chapter 1 - Christian Nationalism




Dr. Brown wrote his preface on May 29, 2022, and refers to the lead headline on the widely read Drudge report website stands bold and clear: "Christian Nationalism on the Rise." 

Considerable discussion of the words, Christian Nationalism, will be discussed through the book. For myself, I remember that I was actually grateful to be able to use "Christian Nationalism," instead of reference to any specific church...for, after all, I was a Christian but definitely knew that what was happening was NOT of God!

Then, too, Trump had used the word Nationalism or other forms thereof, from time to time, so I naturally assumed that this was, maybe, what his cult of followers were going to use... For me, yes, I definitely felt that these people, whoever they were, exhibited cult-like actions, especially when they carried a gold head bust of Trump on January 6th.

Then a reference was made about my state and the GOP victory party about a man I have come to, well, despise? I want to include part of Brown's quote:

As a Christian singer led the crowd in song, some raised their arms toward the havens in praise. Mastriano opened his remarks by evoking Scripture. "God uses the foolish to confound the wise." He claimed Pennsylvanians' freedom would be "snatched away" if his Democratic opponent wins in November, and cast the election in starkly religious terms with another biblical reference: "Let's choose this day to serve the Lord."

I'm, feeling like I'm gagging and queasy all at once! And I find I feel like I have a "right" to be. this man presents himself as a god...he will permit no exceptions for abortion, even for rape or incest... for instance... as if he is speaking as God himself... For me, who has declared, "Me Too...," the man might as well be saying that he is aware of old men touching little girls, and worse, and if they get pregnant...then they will just be part of the family..." Right? NOT!!! 

The very first thing I always think of biblically is not about whether there is anything about abortion in the book...rather, it is about King David...doing nothing... when his son rapes his daughter... You know, folks, when you have people claim that this is the Word of God... and that you shall follow it...and have never had ANY preacher explain or at least attempt to discuss this event (plus the whole thing of murdering a man in order to claim his wife)... then it certainly is difficult, if not impossible, to accept anything but PRO-CHOICE.  Because, who knows what kind of governor Mastriano would make for our state... It's scares me and should scare any woman who hears his gruff voice practically shouting, it shall be MY commandment... NOT!


Brown goes on to cover other media announcements, such as from the NY Times connecting the "growing religious fervor in the American Right, "a Jesus Movement." He then proceeds to point out that scripture has suddenly become a main component of rallies, speeches, and of course, from the ex-president of the U.S. or, wait?! No, Trump NEVER quoted scripture, did he? I think you all would know why, right? 

Dr. Brown provides extensive references from many christian leaders in books, news media... In fact, it was overwhelming... Until I realized one major thing... Unless you followed only christian media as opposed to the normal news media available on multiple platforms, you wouldn't have even been aware of a major point... Trump was merely following orders... You know, Like if Jesus, when He went up into the mountains to fast and pray and He was tempted? And if, at that time, Jesus agreed to make a deal... Well, we all know He didn't make a deal... But I have previously shared about the fact that a deal, indeed, was made...with Trump, even including, I learned, to the point that they referenced a scripture tale that a man called Cyprus was "once" used by God... So it's biblical, right? (Sarcasm intended...)

Will need to view on UTube if interested...



Chapter One: When Evangelical Christians Were Blamed for the Storming of the Capitol

Starting with a statement that this scene "will be etched" in our collective American consciousness for decades to come... Brown then proceeds to cover what happened--but from the standpoint of those leaders of Christian churches, media and more...

Brown begins, even in this first chapter, asking "How could this be?" Various forms of this question will continue throughout the book... In fact, I have at least one other book from this author, which I have not yet started to read, which documents that he was one of the few Evangelical Christians who was questioning what was going on...even though he wasn't soooo concerned that he didn't vote for Trump in both elections...

May need to watch on UTube if interested.

Then The Jericho March was considered and discussed... I am including this purely for those who wish to ponder all that took place...I chose to file it for possible, and I say, possible review later - I doubt I will ever be able to listen beyond just the moderator!!!!!

I need you to recognize upfront, because I didn't, until I read further, that this writer is and has been trying to gain attention and speak out about what he saw happening. Will this book be read by anybody who really needs to read it? I don't know. But, right now, I didn't see anything in it that was other than one Christian leader trying to SHOW where WE (and he at least includes himself in some of the mess we are now in, at least by voting for Trump) were wrong and should be held accountable.

Basically, the book covers just how "some" Christians were seduced into thinking that Trump (might be the second messiah...)

I kid you not! In fact, it was clear to me by the end of the book just how the entire republican party has become so "crazy..."

By the way, while I had the courage, I put a post on AskDrBrown's Facebook page, asking if he would be willing to do an Interview with me for Book Readers Heaven... I bring this up because...I want you to know that may be happening in the future... and, if not, then I will cover many of my issues as part of my chapter coverage... 

Hint: One of the basic things I saw "almost" ignored, was that the history of Christianity had NOT been truthfully covered, in my opinion, in schools... Consider therefore, if that was caused by those "republicans", meaning whichever party was active at that time, who might have been involved, such as they are trying to do nowadays, of saying things, "Don't Say Gay..." then we know what the problem is, don't we... God is Truth... We know Trump is a Liar... So, what we need to find out is just how broadly the loss of God's Truth has been "destroyed" by the successful, it seems, merge of Jesus and Trump of "equal standing..." No, this isn't a joke. Brown talks about, at rallies, somebody shouting, for instance... Praise Jesus! and how it gets a good response... But, then, when somebody says Trump, Trump, Trump! The voices shout and scream louder... Yep, you got it... 

No wonder Trump became more of an egotist than even at first... I "almost" feel sorry for him, except that...He's the con man who pulled off the con and on millions of people...as He rakes in millions from some...who...were...seduced...by Church leaders...and Trump! 

God Help Us!

Gabbie




No comments:

Post a Comment