Friday, September 9, 2022

Are You a "Yes-But" Person? I am... But I've finally found... Seeking Thoughts and Prayers as I Read - God Incident with Cam Rascoe! Article 1

 


You know folks, sometimes God has got to send ZAPS when he has sent you messages that you know were His directions...yet  didn't do them... 

First, confession time as to how this happened... See the first part of the title? I wrote it weeks ago, thinking what I would talk about with...another...book... That book, however, was laid aside, I admit... Yes it was the right author, but practically the first thing he wrote about was...setting times for prayer... Well, if any of you are like me, I normally pray on the fly, on the run... and don't take the time to spend with...Him... Guess, I'll be going back to that book soon...

Anyway, as I continued reading The Political Seduction of the Church yesterday evening, I began to actually feel queasy... to the point that I had to stop reading and go on to other things. I was finding things that I didn't know about...things that Trump "did" which supported the evangelical's known "deal." There are many more changes than many of us have heard about... But I was feeling queasy because they were all about ensuring christianity were...politically in control(?) I have to admit, for the first 70 years of my life, I wouldn't have thought anything about that...

That was before I started studying, learning about what the constitution of the United States actually means...And that, is, that there were more than Christians in the United States...and they, too, were covered under OUR constitution...

Just what role, I began to wonder, does God have in America?!!!

Well, back to my striving to "do" God's work without spending time with Him... I believe in God Incidents that I've shared...And they were praiseworthy...but I really wasn't taking the time to praise God for bringing them into my life...and know exactly for what reason?!

Soooo, I got zapped this morning by Cam Rascoe's book, Ironies, Enjoy the Joy... Given the message, I know that he won't mind my sharing it, since we seem to be two of a kind in wanting to rush out and...act... but, I had to face it, it was truly the God ZAP I needed!

Enjoy the Joy 

The other day I was sitting at the foot of my bed

 looking up into our aquarium, 

enjoying the fish swimming to and fro. 

Watching them offered me a calming sense of relaxation

 as I started my day. 

Then, I was overcome with a much greater feeling, 

euphoria.

 Joy filled my heart

 as a smile of satisfaction covered my face. 

Tears began to stream down my cheeks

 as I quietly thanked God for filling me with such elation.

 Humans foolishly ingest harmful substances 

or engage in sinful behavior in the attempt

 to find that special feeling of joy that God offers us freely.

 The Holy Spirit warmed me that morning,

 long before the rising of the sun. 

Unfortunately for me, I didn’t take the time

 to truly enjoy the joy. I felt good, so I wanted to be productive.

 I thought about the errands I needed to run, 

chores I needed to do and bills I needed to pay.

 I thanked God for providing me with the resources

 and means to accomplish all that I set out to do that day.

 When I finished my short prayer

 I still felt good, grateful and motivated. 

But there was something missing, 

that euphoric feeling had left me. 

I searched for it in my heart and mind

 but it had escaped me and I couldn’t draw back on it.

 But before I could mourn losing that special feeling,

 understanding of my plight dawned on me. 

The next time that I am filled with the spirit, 

I will stop and embrace it. 

Instead of busying my mind 

with things of this world, 

I will take the time to enjoy the joy. 

Be still, I will, 

listening and feeling it all until it has moved from me.

 Understand now I do, 

to embrace and hold on to those special moments

 when I access that loving elation. 

The joy is to be enjoyed; 

so when it fills you

 be free in it and allow it to run its course. 

ENJOY THE JOY



Be Still and Know That I am God


hangs on my wall, opposite of my picture of Jesus Laughing

(also appears in right column on my blog)

How foolish He must see us, or maybe not,

for He knows us better than we know ourselves

Lord, I pray, help me to slow down and allow YOU 

to know what to read, hear, and say as I strive to

know what YOU think about America

and the future...

Amen


(Did this song overwhelm you as it did me?)

I'd never heard it before...

But, Now I know...

God will leave America back into the Light!

Let us pray, listen, and speak!

And, Lord, please...let me speak what YOU want me to say...


No comments:

Post a Comment