Sunday, May 5, 2024

What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven! Honing in on Today's Writers and Readers

 



I'm now spending most of my days and nights reading or writing. Sometimes it seems I can't read fast enough, or, rather, that I can't write fast enough to share and talk about what is happening in America...

More and more people are taking an active role in sharing about what is most bothering them... Often, but not all of the books I read lead to the next one, or reference what was written about in one of my recent books... More and more, I feel God's presence in my reading. What do I mean by that? Well, I recently made an appointment for a colonoscopy. It had been past-due, for various reasons, for a checkup after I had pre-cancerous polyps removed. In one of the books I then read, there was a character who was going to a doctor for the same reason and was prayed for... I knew this was a confirmation for my appointment and I claimed that everything would be fine this time. Yes, God is now a continual presence in all that I do. I feel the heat of His Holy Spirit and know that what books I read are speaking to readers across the nation and sometimes the world...

So, it was around 3 this morning that I woke and pulled my reader to continue reading my latest book. I was shocked even more so as a new issue arose in the writer's life. By the way she wrote, I knew that she, too, was being led by God... Why? because it was another book on the theme of my memoir... Plus, I was in the midst of doing a writer discussion merge for another book by Kelsie Carley which will be featured soon.

My reader ran out just at a crucial point, so I grabbed another reader. It too was out of power, So I got dressed and turned the television on, pulled up a recorded news item for Velshi. During that hour, I picked up 3 new books to get. One had been on the best seller list for over 8 years. Now it was being banned... Two others relates to another obsession of those in the republican party... And we are learning that this was always what the party was about, even if those in the public didn't recognize what was happening.



Fetal Personhood? Is this really what will happen! In 2024? Let's think about it from the standpoint of women...and their faith... We have seen what is happening to people who need health care when a pregnancy is going wrong... Can you imagine what God is thinking about republicans that treat people as...if they didn't matter? Let's consider those who speak from the reality of Trump...


Wow! This video popped up and I've watched about half of it so far... All I could think about is the message that I've been sharing often: "What you do unto the least of these, you do unto ME..." Here we have a 90+ year old woman who has lost her water after a golf course was built by Trump... Yeah, there's proof that the water was affected... Yeah, Trump, Jr. has been involved... Yeah...but the poor woman still doesn't have water years after... In the movie, she laments for America not knowing just how badly he lies and knows not to trust him. The entire family is a con and many Americans have been conned! Mainly those who are, even now, donating to pay for legal fees as Trump is found guilty one after the other of cases that are costing millions! I sure hope YOU are not one of those paying for his legal fees for being a rapist, for running a corrupt organization...and for defamation... The man cannot keep from lying and anybody who supports him is paying for his legal fees... Hard to understand, Hard to believe...

This is what I believe. There is much that is wrong in America... But I believe God is acting through people to spotlight the specific issues that have led us to where we are today... And I'm going to be writing about those issues... Are you interested in participating in that exploration?

For some of the discussions, I will be using my sister blog, Just My Personal Opinion...I will be marking it as a blog with Adult Content. We will be talking about sex in all sorts of ways, none of which relates to actual intimacy. We will be talking about how we treat "our neighbors" these days... We will be talking about violence and the use of guns in particular... If you have any issues that need to be discussed more fully, plan on following that blog and adding a comment of topics that may be important to you. I mentioned that I'm now working on a discussion based upon a book.. Some of it may need to move over onto the other blog for instance... if we do, I'll be providing a link to move directly to the rest of the post... Any suggestions or comments about how this might work will always be welcomed!

God Bless,

Gabby




No comments:

Post a Comment