Sunday, October 16, 2016

More Short Reviews...

I was pleased to have the opportunity to review this product, since I am a daily tea drinker. But this tea was not for me, so it's a purely personal opinion for this one.  It is a very mild flavor that did little to please me. First, I tried it without any sweetener although I normally use it in my tea. It tasted bland. This is a white tea...frankly I couldn't taste the tea. I tasted, more the jasmine, which, in my opinion, shouldn't overpower the tea itself. I used the "western" method for brewing the tea. Frankly, I didn't understand how to do the preferred process, so perhaps that shows that I'm really not an expert in tea drinking, merely one that enjoys it... The packaging is satisfactory, as were the instructions of how to brew the tea...The little pearl buds did bloom as shown in the picture. One thought I had was that the amount of tea seemed excessive while still not providing a much more flavorable tea... This is definitely for, I guess, true tea connoisseurs, of whom I am not a member. LOL I've tried to give my own personal reactions, but please do check out other reviews that have been more favorable as well. You may learn enough to want to try it!
~~~


Ok, I still don't know what a hedgehog is all about, and have never seen one...but this is a simple, cute, and fun children's illustrated story that I recommend you give consideration. First, I did read it as an ebook and that author was astute enough to tell potential readers to review it in Landscape view which makes the pictures come more alive...

The theme is very simple and one which most children will be immediately attracted to...Not going to bed! What you encounter is one little hedgehog, Harvey, who is going to have to sleep on his own for the first time...

I thought of how my kittens all stay together through their early months and still do sleep together most of the time... So, I couldn't blame Harvey for being a little hesitant... Consider this, though, hedgehogs may need to go away from their mother some time, just as kids do, say, to visit at grandma's house, or have a sleepover with friends. It is important that young children be gently separated from their parents, to begin their own life...

It was great to have a gardener and his wife included in the story since they enjoyed watching the little hedgehogs' antics as much as I would...Yes, I've know a few small raccoons since I've moved to the country...LOL 

And we do learn that hedgehogs love to eat, especially...bugs, so there's lots of pictures for children to enjoy. By the way, I read the book in both black and white and on my computer in color. The colors do add a further dimension of attraction, but I can recommend both for your consideration. And one other thing, the little animals themselves are cute, well drawn and sure to grab your child's attention. I enjoyed watching them scurry around as bedtime came, not wanting to give in and go to bed! I think you will too, especially if you enjoy it while reading the book to your child and giggling along as these new little friends are discovered!


Don't buy this book...Get the Whole Book! That's my real recommendation because this is a portion of the book, Dog Bone Soup, a lovely family drama, so go check out my review on it!

Personally, I don't like to preview books in advance, especially when they are a repeat of what is also included in the book; I don't consider this a prequel in the true sense of the word.

BUT, this short provides something important, it provides the "flavor" of the story, as well as shows the reason for its title...which is, basically, from a woman from the local church calling the kids "Trash." Since I'm from a poor family, with a mother and widow who worked day and night to feed and clothe her four children, I sure resented this old grumpy church lady who grudgingly took care of one little boy who had crashed on his bike, while saying to herself that they were pure trash and that they should not darken the side of the street she lived on!

So, you see, this is a good part of the book if you enjoy reading a section to check out style of writing, and some of the book that you haven't yet read. I repeat my earlier statement... It is far more dramatic to read this story within the context of the book, which is available, Dog Bone Soup and will save you a little money by not buying both...

No comments:

Post a Comment