Sunday, November 27, 2016

Guest Poet, Nicole S. Brown, Shares...They Follow Me




They Follow Me 

(excerpt from Trials of a Northeast Louisiana Child)



These important aspects,
In living the way,
And being what God wants
Me to be.
In whatever circumstance,
I choose to dance,
Shout, and say amen,
Because goodness,
And mercy,
Continuously,
Follow me.
No matter,
What plans,
The enemy has for me.
No matter what,
I receive,
In funds for my work.
No matter,
How others,
Frown at me,
And make ugly smirks.
I choose to continue,
To do God’s work,
Because I want to,
Dwell in the house,
Of the Lord forever,
Not with Satan,
In Hell.
So what if you or Satan,
Despise me,
The Lord,
Will prepare,
A blessing on the,
Table in the presence,
Of my enemies.
The more I do,
For righteousness sake,
The more the Lord,
Will put on my plate.
So Satan hate me,
I don’t care.
I’m doing what,
My Father says,
He said in,
His word that,
Goodness and mercy,
Shall follow me,
All of the days,
Of my life.
Because He is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
For He made me lay down,
in the green pastures,
Of Northeast Louisiana.
He led me beside the still waters,
And down the Mississippi,
And is leading me continuously.
He restored my soul,
Here in South Louisiana,
And He’s still restoring me.
I have walked and,
I am walking,
Through,
The valley of,
The shadows,
Of death.
I’ve feared no,
And will fear no,
Evil because,
God has not,
Given His child,
A spirit of fear.
He brought me here.
He’s keeping me.
And I’m here because,
I want to be here.
He anointed my head,
With the oil of my gifts,
To serve Him and the,
Kingdom of God with
From your human,
Eyes you may,
Think my life is the pits.
But I’m living in my destiny,
And I’m loving it.
Psalm 23 is,
A passage of scriptures,
That is dear to me,
And one of the first,
That came to my memory,
As a child,
I knew the verses by heart.
But now that I’m living,
Life as an adult by far,
With some making,
Fun of me.
For the Lord,
I’m still working.
They may not know,
That they are being used,
By the enemy.
Keep making fun,
Of me.
I’m where He wants me to be,
Along with you,
And the enemy,
Persecuting me,
I’m as happy as
Can be because,
God’s goodness,
And mercy,
They follow me.
~~~


The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalms 23:1-6







Nicole S. Brown is the author of School Days, Holidays, and All Days That Lie Between (ISBN: 1449560954), More School Days, Holidays, and All Days That Lie Between (ISBN: 1449983952), Who Do You Love? Love Story in Poetry (ISBN: 1450549322), Who Do You Love? Love Story in Poetry (clean cut) (ISBN: 1451534981), God's Calling You to Live a Life That's True (ISBN: 1449549829), All About Slime (ISBN: 1448699290), All About Slime (clean cut) (ISBN: 145634711X), Trials of a Northeast Louisiana Child (ISBN: 144956609X), her first novella, The School of Hard Knocks (ISBN: 1460903579), and Life Support (ISBN: 1467945277. Nicole, a native of Monroe, LA, is the youngest of seven children, and was formally educated in Monroe, LA. Nicole is a Louisiana and Mississippi-certified, K-12 teacher who holds certifications in the following subject areas: Chemistry, Physics, General Science, and Music. She is also a member of Zeta Phi Beta, Sorority Inc. She holds a B.S., in Chemistry Education from the University of Louisiana-Monroe. Nicole worked as an elementary general music teacher for two years in Baton Rouge, LA, in her second year of working in Baton Rouge; she wrote and published seven books of poetry.

Show more reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment