Sunday, July 14, 2024

Open Memoir - Sadly Looking at Today's Headlines... But I Wasn't Surprised...

 

I am a Single Christian Woman who does not support anything that is happening under the guise of the Republican Party's Project 2025! When I realized early on that I was writing about the daily events in my life (and how they might have ended with flashbacks into my early life, never would I have imagined that I would watch the attempted assassination of a man who I've openly disdained since the day I heard the video where he discusses grabbing women... 


Now all that is on television is a minute dissection of that event... over and over and over... I needed some sanity and started looking for taped videos to watch. Today's Fareed Zakaria Sunday show was very informative as most of his are. It was not yet posted on YouTube however, So I chose, the following one... I've watched this group often and found it to be credible, if somewhat biased--but then I am that as well... But I saw the next video which apparently has over a million views...



It seems to me that all of this is just a game for many that have been incited by the former president... Let's face it, that man has literally gotten away, so far, with murder... You don't think so? Well, consider that on January 6th there was one republican groupie that was killed by the Capitol's guards as she was climbing through a smashed entry, as well as a number of those guards that were killed and/or greatly damaged physically, mentally and emotionally when they were forced to defend our Capitol from hundreds of MAGA supporters carrying flags supporting Trump, and also those who were identifying their cults such as White Supremacists and of course the Proud Boys who Trump publicly told them to "stand down and stand by." Since then hundreds have been indicted, many of them, when interviewed, indicated that they were there at the President's request. Indeed, written documentation of emails, I believe, supported their assertions. We saw a number of them express their regret and confusion as the January 6th congressional group questioned them... Sadly, they were apparently only a few who saw what they had been pulled into and were now seeking redemption...

Folks, we have then been witness to what has happened after the Biden/Harris election... I had originally thought that, at last, it was over. Instead it has gotten worse--much worse! For instance...

When I hearken back to where I was when John Kennedy was assassinated, I remember it quite well. I had just been hired in July, 1963, by the West Virginia University Personnel Office. I was hired as a Records Clerk... Working to welcome new employees and make sure a file was created as well as handling the paperwork to get them on the payroll... The Departmental Secretary was charged with my training and we became friends, often lunching together. One day she invited me to walk to her home for lunch. I had no idea that she lived all the way down the main street of Morgantown and it took about 10 minutes to walk. Needless to say we were late coming back. I was upset as we walked back to her office. The Director was there and I started to edge back, trying to escape to my own room... But Mr. Wall called out to both of us to come in and listen to the radio... Our American President had been shot while riding in an open car... We were all horrified... 

But there was no 24-hour news for most of us working people, we went back to our routine that day and kept up with the news to learn what happened. His Vice-President was quickly named as President. The Government went on, sadden, but not affected in any major way... How I wish that would have happened when Joe Biden was elected our new president.

One of the bargains that Trump made with the Evangelical Christians, according to Frank Shaeffer, the son of evangelist Francis Schaeffer, was to place as many conservative judges as quickly as possible. Of course, we learned, when that started to happen, that the plan had already been laid when the Senate Majority Leader refused to even place President Obama's recommendation for a judge on the floor!!!

Little by little we were spotting lies--so many lies by so many political leaders that many of us were shocked and began to worry... That's when I became somewhat of a news hound keeping track of exactly what the republican party was doing...

Some of my readers may recall that my sister had told me when I talked about registering to vote that if I was a Christian I had to vote Republican... And, frankly, that is when my family truly started to see me as an outsider... I first registered Independent thinking I would vote for who I felt was the best candidate. But as days went my and everything started to occur under Donald Trump's presidency, I quickly changed to the Democratic party so that I could vote in our state's primary, according to voting rules.

Now, let's make a quick reference to my very first "professional" job... I was dealing with records from the first day I started, July, 1963, throughout my career--different records, but...records. My point being is that when Donald Trump took classified documents when he was forced to leave the White House, my mind started thinking... Ok, as a records person, I knew that some type of documentation would be kept of all official documents, classified or not. Either a simple filing system or more complicated by using computerization for keeping data-oriented data when I moved into facilities management... In my mind, there was no way that records should have been removed! At a minimum, if something like the "love letter" from the North Korea dictator with whom Trump "fell in love" (his words, not mine), and Trump wanted to keep as a personal momento, then a copy or a request for the original would have had to be made...

Let me illustrate what I did in my last few months working at West Virginia University...I had been reorganized out of my job... that sometimes may happen, but not in the way it was done to me. I will write more on that later. However, what resulted was that I, with the title of Associate Director, was moved into another department where a number of other individuals had a similar level, under my level, however. A new director had been named. He admitted to me he didn't know what to do with me; however, he did have a major concern that he needed to report on. I was given the assignment of creating a comprehensive and documented Deferred Maintenance Budget Proposal, which we knew would be in the multi-millions... I was to work with each department to gather both an identification as well as a calculated estimate of what the cost would be to repair/replace that item... Folks, we are talking about every tree, every walk, every roof, every individual building system, et.al. I'll go into that at another time. However, my point for today is that...that had taken me over a year to create. When I left, I passed out all the documentation, the computer files and the written report to the appropriate people...

There was no question in my mind that I could not retain even a copy of that report for my own purposes. Now, let's get specific, our past president did take boxes and boxes of government documents...

Worse, through his deal, he placed one specific conservative judge into office, who has betrayed her legal office to delay and obfuscate the legal documents case for the benefit and support of the president who put her in office... That case which was/is under a special counsel has been delayed for months. Given my and everybody else's view of what has happened, this case should have been easily settled and prosecuted months ago!





There you have it folks... Here's one individual's perspective, based upon my own personal experience as well as a very-well documented set of facts that we had all been watching--that is. if we watched multiple sources to ensure that Truth was actually... The Truth.

No, I wasn't surprised that somebody took a shot at the past president based upon his own incitement of violence... Or...was it perhaps a conspiracy to make him a martyr? Frankly, after listening to the new president of the Heritage group, who made it clear that if the republican party didn't win that another civil war, without guns, would be next and then he suggested that based upon the rest of the country, that it may have to include violence...


Folks, we have watched as there is no longer the ability to feel sure we are hearing the truth... It has been made clear that lying by Donald Trump was to be allowed and nothing would cause him to stop... Yet, he is now working to return to our Capitol--the Capitol we all watched and saw that he was not doing anything to try to stop its invasion. We have seen the Supreme Court give him immunity beyond any former president. Surely we know that this is a planned effort on the part of many to destroy our government... to destroy our democracy.

I believe God is watching. My God is a God of Truth. My God, through His Son asked us to Love our Neighbors... What is happening, apparently instigated by many different groups, is not an act that could ever possibly be blessed by the God of Truth and Love...

 


God Be With America

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment