Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Prolific Poet and Ongoing Contributor, Regis Auffray Shares Today! A Letter from the Sea... Complementary Limericks...

 

If somehow I have made someone even if only in some small way happy, then it's all been worth it.



Books by
Regis Auffray











See all Books
by Regis Auffray



A Letter from the Sea

I know I do not know much but my friend saved me from myself... This is for her.



A Letter from the Sea 

In a bottle from the sea

A letter came to me

It is plain enough to see

This letter from my love

Since I cannot be with my love

My head and heart are all asea

I miss my love from across the sea

A sea that is a dream you see

A dream I wish were reality

I cannot be with this love I love

So I close my eyes and feel and taste

Her kiss that I would never waste

And that is good enough for me

For the now and for the sea

Until we two shall see

When it all comes to be



Selected Complementary Limericks

 A Lady Named Donna

There’s a lady I know named Donna,

Who looks a lot like Madonna;

She has a good voice,

And it is her choice,

To sing with me in my sauna!



A Lass Named Raven

 

There is a lass named Raven,

Who seeks some kind of haven;

She’s met me somehow,

As so it is now,

On her heart true love is graven.

  

© RĂ©gis Auffray


Find me at Authors Den

Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment