Sunday, May 21, 2023

I've Been To a Revival With Reverend Benjamin L. Corey's Book, Unafraid, And God's Joy Flooded My Soul...When I Needed a Boost!


 





It's been many years since I've actually attended a revival...Yet, I've been at a week-long wonderful experience with Benjamin L. Corey, in which Reverend Corey provides readers with his own testimony about his own revival experience, in which he now shares that he...and I...and You...do not need to be afraid!

Hallelujah!

This is one we always sang "after" part of the reval service so that we could stand up and stretch... It brought us joy and fun just as these people had!


I love singing harmony with this song...I'll sing the high part and you sing melody! OK?

For surely, I have been blessed by the book Unafraid and at the end of the first day of reading, I was grinning, thanking God for sending me this book, for surely it was the one that all others had been building up to...at least until the next one! LOL

For surely, God wants to never stop sharing with us, His children... His Love is so wonderful, so powerful that there is absolutely NO limits to it!
Praise His Name!



This is one that I also chose often to sing solo...

Corey starts his story when he was young and was always doing something to gain approval...like being the best scripture memorizer and winning awards for that and then moves on to talk about his growing up in a conservative home and learning all that he must do to be accepted as one of God's children...

And, of course, along the way, he learned from the hell and damnation preachers who threatened the fires of hell if he didn't...whatever...was on the mind of the preacher that day...

And how he met with problems in his home life, losing his children that he loved... Of course, each one of us may have a similar background, perhaps? But each of us has our own personal story that reflects our own early home environment and church life. I was moving along with the Reverend, thinking about how his life compared with mine--something we all do, don't we? Well, the main thing I was thinking was that I really had no fear of God...

Or did I?

Folks, in over 60 years of reading book after book about God and Jesus--both nonfiction and fiction, I have never had My Personal Questions addressed as I found in this book--I've already ordered another book by this same author. For, you know, folks, I know that I know that I know that God has touched this man and he has a story to tell you that has been given to him by The Holy Spirit. It was a hard story for him to write. For some, it will be a hard story to read. Me, I was so excited that in some way, through what I call a God Incident, I had been led to this book!

Perhaps it was because of the title! For surely, with what is happening in America, so many of us are afraid. And most of that fear, in my opinion, is based upon the political climate that now exists today! 

There is no way I can tell whether this book will touch you like it did me. All that I can tell you is that Corey has brought a revival to my spirit and I feel so Alive! And, of course, I call this a must-read if you are indeed afraid... Because, today, I say, I have no fear except from those individuals living in America. Who do not know that God is The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit! Once again I have no fear for I know that God is Alive...and Watching...and In Control!


And what happens may not be what many Americans will expect...


My first revival was a Billy Graham crusade revival and, though, he personally wasn't there, I was thrilled to meet George Beverly Shea as he sang and I was part of the choir that had been created prior to the crusade. Many years ago...




May His Spirit Touch YOU This Day!

God Bless,
Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment