Sunday, May 7, 2023

Celebrating Johanne Brahms' 190th Birthday! Listen and Watch With Me!

 


Johannes Brahms was a German composer, pianist, and conductor of the mid-Romantic period. Born in Hamburg into a Lutheran family, he spent much of his professional life in Vienna...

Most of us remember the beautiful music of Brahms through his everyday lullaby sung or hummed by millions of mothers across the world...


I think my favorite just might be the Hungarian Symphony No. 5. Do you have a favorite?


For those dancing to our wonderful classical genre, one of Brahms Waltzes would surely be included...


Within the classical music genre, I've always favored those written in the minor key. No. 4 in E Minor is a perfect example of this... Melancholy is often associated with the minor key, but for me, the actual tone is always what draws me, although not necessarily in a sad way...



In spotlighting the violin, I always find myself keeping time with my fingers to the rhythm of the music when played with this stringed instrument. This concerto in D Major may also allow you to listen carefully to discover the difference between the minor (above) and the major tones brought to us so eloquently...


So to close out this Happy Birthday for Johanne, and in light of my love for classical music, let's have a number of our favorite composers wishing Johanne a Happy Birthday!


And here's Brahms showing off on a piano with Piano Concerto No. 2 Op.83. Leonard Bernstein you may recognize as one of the most famous American composers and conductors... 


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment