Sunday, November 6, 2022

Yeah, Thanks Mike, For Almost Getting Killed - But What Have You Done For Me Lately?! Part III

 






Seriously folks, What Have YOU Done for ME Lately?


I had not yet finished reading Hold The Line by Michael Fanone, when I posted the first two parts of this excellent book. First, I want to highlight that John Shiffman, an investigative reporter, worked with Mike to pen what I believe is the most honest of all the books that I've read about January 6th... Maybe that's because what I was reading instantly put me into my own form of PTSD that was not anywhere near what those who fought on January 6th are experiencing; but nevertheless, flashbacks are a major sign of the disorder. But for Mike and many of us, the result of the event can be even more devastating and compelling as you try to return to the life you were leading before the event... I'll tell you about my event on another page; but in reading the last part of this excellent book, I was at first saddened and, then, disgusted...

Has the entire world turned to the "Me First" life that seems to be invading every part of all of our lives? Let me tell you about Mike, once he was released by his doctors to return to work.

They didn't know what to do with him... Mike was now different. You might legitimately call him a whistleblower--I know, I was one...

Many call/called him a hero, but many also shunned him at work, even to the point of not being willing to allow him to enter into discussions as he used to... Mike pointed out that it was the white cops who turned from him, while the black cops welcomed him back and wanted to know how he was doing...

Something needed to be done to somehow return back to the normal working environment. But, in his case, January 6th had happened and there was never going to be a normal work day for many, including Mike... But he knew part of it was because he was willing to speak out... He was willing to point a finger to those responsible... and He was adamant that there must be accountability!

So, first, they brought him into a room with supervisory officers. While he was sitting there, those supervisors were asked who wants him (more or less). Fanone was shocked, he immediately remembered, of course, what he had himself said to Representative McCarthy:

Here’s an idea, I said: “Let’s get all the House Republicans together, put me in a room with them, and allow them to watch my body-worn camera footage so that they can experience that. I’m not here to change people’s hearts and minds. I just want them to shut the hell up and know the truth. And stop spewing bullshit because I can’t even begin to tell you how traumatic that is.” Silence filled the room. I broke it. “And I’m not going to go away. For whatever reason—God only knows why—I’ve been afforded a hell of a platform, and I’m going to continue to use it for the sole purpose of making people stop describing January 6th as anything other than what it was: a horrific day in which a lot of police officers almost died. I’m here because you’re the leader of the House Republicans.”

But this was different, it was his potential immediate supervisor who was forced to deal with the fact that (1) they could not deal with the situation because of an inability or unwillingness to supervise all of their staff and ensure a 20-year veteran cop was received back into the ranks; and (2) it was quite obvious that many of the police officers were Maga followers and they already had created a difficult situation because all of a sudden, the force had been divided politically! Especially after January 6th!

Mike did the same thing I did, he worked through the isolation, to get things done and he retired, leaving quietly... 

When I was watching the January 6th hearings and Mike Fanone was called upon to speak, I was impressed with his communication skills. As well as his ability to both speak effectively but also efficiently to pinpoint issues. I thought then and do now, this man needs to be somewhere where he can be most effective in a leadership role...

And, guess what, a new life was immediately offered to him...at CNN!



I love it when a life plan seems to come together just at the right time. Fortunately it is sometimes the only way for an employee who is committed to honesty, hard work, and dedication to the ethics needed for any job... As you know, I call them God Incidents! And a major one for me was to wind up here, writing about this important book for all of you to consider in your life's journey!

A Final Word...Again, I have to be a whistleblower...

Many of you want too much from one man, our president!


Just how far has your basic needs been met over the last two years? Stop right now and think about it. And then think about the fact that all that has been done has been WITHOUT MOST OF THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS SUPPORT?! WHY DO YOU EXPECT MIRACLES FROM SOMEBODY WHEN SO MANY ACTIONS, SUCH AS INFRASTRUCTURE FOR OUR ROADS, ETC., AS WELL AS REDUCED INSULIN COSTS, AS WELL AS AN INFLATION REDUCTION ACTION...AND SO MUCH MORE... has been routinely announced and then accomplished!

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK! Stop and think rationally, and seriously... what has the republicans actually offered that they would do? Give me DETAILS! 

What I do know is that there is an underlying power struggle going on with the republican party. Check out Liz Cheney and others who have decided to work for the country rather than for MAGA... POWER GETS YOU NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER...IT MERELY KEEPS MEN, LIKE MIKE'S SUPERVISORS AND HIS PEERS, IN POSITION TO CONTINUE THEIR ATTEMPT TO HAVE EVERYTHING THEY WANT AND IF THAT TAKES VIOLENCE, HELL, THEY DO IT!!!

Please just stop. Biden is our president. In comparison, what he has done for US as opposed to Trump's entire presidency, is HUGE! Please don't allow this cult-like individual(s) continue to prevent us getting back to normal... Remember the food delivery systems that were put in place during Covid... Just one of the ways that Biden made it happen... Remember the stimulus checks? It was just one of the ways that Biden worked for us... Please don't keep going back and forth and back and forth just because you are in a different political party than Biden. He has NEVER SAID...DON'T SEND STIMULUS CHECKS TO RED STATES, HAS HE? Think people... consider how Biden talks to people about their needs and tells us he's working on it...while Trump routinely said, Only I can do it...but then, never did, did he?

Think and Vote...Vote for those who care about people, about us...Let's thank Biden for all that he has done and will continue to do for us...

Please don't daily change your mind and ask But What Have You Done for Me Lately?

Remember God will provide if we depend on HIM, and He expects us to do that! NOT any Man! Allow your mind to open up to What God has said about greed, power seeking, and especially, about NOT caring for those of us in Need! While republicans lie and say they can take our Social Security if they want or make us beg for it annually... Just Stop! Remember that God is in control above ALL! And choose to vote...

Sing along with me, two of my favorite songs to sing solo...HE Watches OVER Us!



God Bless!

Gabbie


No comments:

Post a Comment