Friday, November 18, 2022

What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Nightmare Flashbacks Nightly!


Did You Miss Me? LOL Well, I would have been online, especially during the week of the election...if I had not been stopped!

Sunce November 6th, and building more and more daily, I have been thrown into a continuous flashback of the trauma of frustration and anger I had gone through years ago. During this period about talking about this past period, I'll be using the theme song from a movie, the phrase seeming to represent what I and millions are experiencing throughout America... All one has to do is pay attention to the news to discover the "why..."

At the same time, I have been fortunate in being led to read a number of books which responded to my need for being taken away into stories which were both informative and calming to me when I most needed it... at least until the last one I started, got half way, and then could go no further... All of those experiences will be coming... in future articles...

That silent voice of the Holy Spirit within tells me that NOW is the time to write the two books that I was left needing to share after nearly 40 years of employment at West Virginia University, the latter part, during which I was supervised by two former military officers who were once in ROTC units on campus. You would be correct in assuming that for many years after I chose to retire, I was unable to enter into and write about the destructive environment I had experienced under a "changed administration." 

And yes, you would be correct to understand that I have saw so many of the characteristics during that administration compared to the last presidential administration for the nation. 

I hope you will never experience a time in your life when you wind up with PTSD from Job Burnout... On May 27, 2919 CNN announced that

Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, 

World Health Organization says


It’s a feeling of extreme work stress that’s long been embedded in the cultural lexicon, and now it might be codified in your medical records as well.

Burnout is now a legitimate medical diagnosis, according to the International Classification of Diseases, or the ICD-11, the World Health Organization’s handbook that guides medical providers in diagnosing diseases.

Burnout now appears in the ICD-11’s section on problems related to employment or unemployment. According to the handbook, doctors can diagnose someone with burnout if they meet the following symptoms:

1. feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion

2. increased mental distance from one’s job, or feelings of negativism or cynicism related to one’s job

3. reduced professional efficacy

Before making the call, the document says doctors should first rule out adjustment disorder as well as anxiety and mood disorders. And the diagnosis is limited to work environments, and shouldn’t be applied to other life situations. (Read the rest of the article.)

At the time that Job Burnout exploded for me, it was before this declaration of being an identified health issue, I had read enough that I knew what to call it; but instead, when I was forces to recognize that I needed a medical leave, they put it under a classification of "depression..." Sadly, it was a poor choice, in my opinion. Depression is real...but it is usually caused by a variety of issues based upon the specific individual. Whereas, emotional damages caused by job burnout is very specific and, I believe, certifiable.

Lack of compassion, empathy, sympathy, Human Dignity

I lead with this information, because I know there are many others across our nation that are suffering from the stress directly tied to the work duties or environment. It should be recognized, especially, if possible law suits become an issue.


Lack of Listening, Refusual to Listen, or Forcing Silence

For me, I did hire a lawyer. She attended one meeting at which I had submitted a grievance to the Board of Regents. After that meeting, my lawyer explained that she advised against any action. The buildup of what had happened to me was so lengthy, even if documented, that she said it would take so much time for her to come up to speed to represent me, that the cost probably would be prohibitive. I had to reluctantly agree.

I'm the boss, I Alone Rule, You are Not Human, but machines working for ME

Instead, I chose to resign, having a sufficient number of years in to be eligible for early retirement; that is, before 65.

Since I am writing this, essentially, when I am able to, and, especially when I have flashbacks start, I'm trying to develop some type of chapter structure. However, it may not work. Bear with me, as far as I am aware, writing a memoir, online, has never been done before, as part of a blog, and as it relates to today's world...

For instance, I want to begin to provide in my memoir, essentially, the basis of what happened to me and to share important documentation on the type of issues that are causing, in my opinion, in America the ongoing  transformation of employees who were once good and effective, into dissatisfied workers on the job. Obviously, during Covid is a good example where nurses, doctors and other medical personnel were called upon to work in long hours in extraordinary conditions, so much so, that many chose to leave their jobs. Obviously from job burnout!


Liars in Control, Sexual Harrassment, Never Giving Credit for Work

I want to hone in on what I believe are the major problems: Poor Supervisors, Lack of Effective Training and supervision, and Lack of Accountability. You'll be seeing my theme song as I try to illustrate the good, the bad, and the ugly of what has all of us so upset that when challenged, we are walking off our jobs as one option.



Elon Musk is a dictator, just like Trump and many others who hold power through fear, intimidation and lies...Although I saw signs of issues prior to 2016, I hope more and more people, realized that it was Trump's presidency, in which he incited, lies, fear, prejudice, favoritism, et.al., that has brought us to the place where we are at this time. A world still in chaos and divided.

Is Democracy Dying? Will Chaos Prevail? Are YOU A Part of the Slow Death of U.S.


Closing with a quick health update of Good News! Also happening during this past week was my undergoing another MRI post-brain surgery. At the one-year point, there was no sign of any problems of redevelopment of the tumor. I've been cleared from that issue for 5 Years... God certainly provided my surgeon, Dr. Bahtia with skills hands and I thank God for having him as part His plan for my life!


God Bless,

Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment