Sunday, November 20, 2022

Open Memoir: Sleeping with 4 Kittens and Stevie, the Mother! Wonderful! Thank you Anonymous! The Cycle of PDST is Over

Hi Everybody, I'm feeling great this morning, and out of the cycle of PTSD... If you made it through yesterday's post--Thank you those who allowed me to vent, and especially, to Anonymous with her one word comment, which was all I needed--Wonderful! If you made it, let's move on to what I've decided about my second book. A Single Christian Woman: Is Sex So Important?!

One thing I have learned by the later years of my life, is that nobody can separate their lives into "parts." You all know what I mean, if just one part becomes an issue--for example, dealing with a major construction project on your home--all parts of YOU are affected--mentally, physically, emotionally... We ARE What We ARE...

I happen to like me...In a recent conversation with Rachel, my great-niece and now caregiver when I need help, also decided she liked herself as she was too...

Along the way, we'll be talking about that more...!!! It's important! If God loves me and if you believe He created us with a plan...which I "kinda" do (more on that later), then, in my humble opinion, I think we should also like, and even love ourselves!

So, here's the plan... I will be writing both books at the same time, based upon, mostly, events of today that affects my daily living. And leads to flashbacks of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of my life...

I will identify each book via Hashtag: which is a process used in computereze to, essentially, file a document within the computer...so that you can then find and assemble information on one topic. 

The book(s) will be divided into Early Life, School Daze (spelling intended), Adult Life, and Memory Times.

I will be identifying each part of my life with a song that for me represents my personal life during that period. 


As usual, music will accompany most anything I write, if at all possible. Most will be favorites of the time period; but in the retirement period, I'll be seeking out new songs in the religious area. You might have noticed that, for instance, on election day, when I wrote it...I wanted to represent America...so I used songs from various denominations, also Jewish, Muslim...I'm not sure if there were others...

One of the things I can alert all of you to is that, as you get older, plan ahead to deal with a natural occurrence--forgetfulness... we can talk about that later... But, my important first message: Forgetting does not mean that you are incompetent! You know, folks, it really irritates me when those who lie and think nothing of denigrating another with personal attacks on mental acuity, age or disability of an individual! It's happening far too often within the MAGA group, so you can bet I will be calling it out from time to time.

This song popped into my mind first, so I'll use it for my adult life. By now, most of you know, I'm a pretty good listener to that small voice inside that speaks to guide us.. For, of course, the adult years does deal with fascination--attraction, sexual and friend, as well as for things, ideas, sports, and entertainment...

One of the things I was thinking about early morning, deciding whether to get up or not, was that I do not recall ever seeing the Bible read in our early lives. My father was killed in a mine accident (1944) while my mother was carrying me; and I was born and named after him, Glenn. in 1945. 

What all of us--2 sisters and 1 brother most remember was that Mom was working ALL the time. She worked during the day to care for an elderly woman, clean and cook, and after that day, she would do other LPN care for neighbors, such as giving shots to the elderly. She also did clothes washing/ironing. But what she did do, was provide food and housing and made sure we were clothed, ready to go to church every time the door opened. My Mom taught us Love through her actions not words. My Mom taught us the work ethic and moral obligation to care for others... A true role model for all who knew her.


As we near our years when our work life or whatever has occurred during our earlier years, is affecting our lives--you know what I mean, it may be your knees that start bothering you, or you, for the first time, need to wear glasses to see a little better... or, bottom line, your personal independence is no longer a viable way of life, for me, in one way, I find comfort in knowing my Lord Jesus is with me... But, that, my daily life of being able to do what I want, when I want to, is no longer possible--I recognized that I needed help...

It's hard, I know, believe me, I do know. Even during the last two weeks, when I tried to surprise my niece, I failed... I knew I could not deal alone with the lies, the disinformation, the human mistakes for which I didn't receive any acknowledgement but rather an attempt to throw it back to my memory failure, or that I did't understand... We do it this way...Period... And what you want or need is really not relevant anymore... 

Please, Please, Please, recognize that you may be older, you may be forgetting some things...but you are YOU and GOD Loves You and everybody else... SHOULD! lol  

Well, maybe not everybody, but I mean, we all must work together if we are to survive today's world... For me, I have seen America going backward rather than forward... That greatly bothers me... But, for me, most of all, I have seen during the last years that people who call themselves Christians (Jesus Christ died for us because of Loving Us) hate those who also call themselves Christians...just because we have different opinions... or because they have not met Jesus and have different beliefs... or... simply because they have a different skin color... or a different language... or because they were born poor and were never able to change that, even though they wanted to, needed to, wanted to... They are different from us.. because what we want is based on the philosophy of ALL FOR THE LOVE OF GREED OR DESIRE FOR POWER!

DO NOT ALLOW ANYBODY TO MAKE YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. GOD LOVES US; HE CREATED US IN HIS IMAGE...JUST AS W ARE!

Think about it, if we didn't all have different talents, interests, and capability, we would not be able to function as a nation. Each individual has something to contribute, if it is nothing but a smile, or giving us the sound of laughter, or planting beautiful flowers and trees, or even keeping our earth clean... Cherish you, the life you have...and like my Mom prepared me, teach your children about love...all else comes after that...


In God's Love


Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment