Saturday, July 30, 2022

Painting by Walter Jack Savage Inspires Memories and Thoughts of My Mother - Born in July...

 



Image of a Woman

She could be any woman, and yet
I see her clearly
Her arms surrounding me
holding me close
She sits there waiting for me
having finished her work day
waiting for a ride home...
I watch from above
as I spend time with a friend
chatting about this or that
until 5:00 on the dot comes

Often, when I get in the car
She starts talking, even in the midst of a sentence,
she'd been thinking about what she wanted to say
I beg--give me five minutes of quiet
Having been on the phone all day 
She immediately stops, not needing to say, Sorry
There will be time to talk about things 
Perhaps while we go someplace to eat
It doesn't matter where for me
She'll probably choose KYC again
And maybe we can get a watermelon, for desert

I normally do what my Mom wants...
She's worked all her life to provide for her children
Now each of us are working, she lives with me.
And it is a good relationship of love
Mom took on four children serving as both parents
when my father was killed before I was born
Mom, it seemed, worked all the time
Social security was not sufficient
to provide all basic needs.
She did practical nursing, housekeeping, 
and washed and ironed clothes for others

Now, I live, beyond the years that she had
Her life was filled with hard work and pain
Yet, she raised four children in God's ways
and showed us His Love as well as Hers
I still remember when I found her...
She'd ask that I be sure to put new slippers 
on her feet--I knew just where I'd find them
Then gently lifted her old, tired feet
and slid them on for the last of comfort
For tomorrow, she'll have no pain
and a brand new body... 

She'll be waiting at the Gate
Perhaps she'll bring my Dad, I never met
Two siblings are already there
Two sons-in-law as well
She's already surrounded, but 
she always loved to be near family
And I know she's waiting for all of us
To live with her forever...
Til then, The Image of a Woman
keeps me close to her each day
One sleeping peacefully, the one I love best...

I Love You Mom!

I Chose this video because I remember Mom always wanted somebody to play the piano and sing, especially when the family gathered at Thanksgiving... or at each other's homes...and a piano was there...
This is a favorite for many of us...


Hi Everybody,

When I saw Jack's beautiful painting yesterday, I asked if it was of his mother...and obviously I thought of my own mother...for I thought of the image he presented, to be one of those where she is already with You, Lord, in Heaven...

Jack answered that it was of all women...And, so, I wanted to share it with you all, dear friends. I don't profess to be a poet, but once in a while, I am inspired to respond to pictures or events...the words seem to come, just thoughts or memories... 

Jack, thanks so much for allowing me to share your work here at Book Readers Heaven. It complements the many times I've shared  my thoughts on your books... You are indeed blessed with all of your artistic gifts!


God Bless,
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment