Sunday, July 31, 2022

Clarity in the Chaos - Shared with Permission by Vincent H. Chough, Author of Be With Him - Be Like Him And Leader at Prayer for Anxiety.Com

 





Prayer for Anxiety is a place where you can find rest. Get inspiration through God's Word and prayer. You can ask for prayer. Or read informative articles. Remember, true prayer comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

 Also

Third Millennium Man is not a movement or a church. It’s simply a place where people of faith come to share experiences and ideas. The goal here is to rise above the chaos of current events and gain deeper meaning and insight.


 Chaos

Truth

Clarity

Right up front, I have to admit I have no idea how this writer and his works were first presented to me... Assuming it was on Facebook, I have to quickly claim this as a God Incident... because I don't think it was this particular posting that I first saw. Since then, I bought one of Clough's books, asked and gained permission to use his Words here on Book Readers Heaven.

Many of you have read my use of the words Chaos... of Truth... But Chough adds a very important word for these days, don't you think? We must seek CLARITY!

I'm also now working on another post about a book dealing with the legal issues of Freedom of Speech. Frankly, I have been appalled over the last five years, in which I've become more aware of the political culture of America, that we are, more and more, becoming a culture of...lies! What do I mean, you may ask, "I don't know about or often hear lies..." Well, I would just simply ask you to start reading, or listening to, or watching different communication methods than is your normal actions...

Know Thyself. 

One of the things that has bothered me most, simply because, I see it in myself... is the tendency to automatically lie to not hurt somebody dear to me.  Men do it a lot when women ask if their new dress looks alright... All of us use little white lies from time to time. Perhaps we learned it long ago from our family interaction or just because we have a real sense of empathy and sympathy and prefer not to hurt somebody else's feelings if at all possible (and it won't cause any problem). But, even then, sometimes those little white lies backfire on us, don't they?

Do I lie when I write reviews on books? No, I don't. I may choose different words on various books, but I made it a goal when I first started to write book reviews that I would not lie. The truth is--I love to read and, rarely, have I found a book that I did not like. And, when I do, I either don't review it, or I explain why I did not recommend the book to others. For me, reviewing books were just not my personal opinion. Rather, it simply starts with my opinion... either I like it or I don't... Once I decide I'm willing to read the book, then I begin to evaluate and consider specific points of reference as I read. And I mark them for possible use in writing my reviewing later.

Now, I've digressed from the main point of my thoughts today, just to illustrate that all of us must take the time to learn and speak in Truth. If you discover that I, or somebody you know, lies on a regular basis, especially, you should and would have every right not to read anything I ever write or say...

But what, if anything, do you do after you've determined (or think) that I've lied? Do you confront me, or whoever you know who has lied? Do you lie, and even more specifically, lie about me, in turn?

Many of us have seen and reacted to the chaos that has erupted and been incited...and encouraged...and even claimed to be... true. In fact, one man, in particular, has even had the number of his lies...counted! So that, as quickly as possible, those lies can be corrected with truth--facts. Yet, the lies continue, so much so that many now believe them as truth.

Of course, I'm talking about what we all see in the political arena these days. I'm going to stop there, today, because the point of this article is for us to consider it a topic for prayer, for meditation, for, perhaps, talking with somebody who is willing to talk about the chaos, rather than attempt to persuade us that a lie is actually the truth... We all need discernment - the ability to judge well... Maybe even visits to Chough's sites are something you decide to choose...or 

You may choose reading about an issue, or talking to somebody about it. You may also pray about it as is shown in today's suggested words... Often we don't know what we need to think or which way to turn. That's all right, there are people like Vincent Chough, who may provide insight. I've found it through the words of many of the authors I've read... But you must seek clarity to be sure you do know the truth... Stop right now and decide for yourself. Do you want to automatically accept the words as stated by another? Or, do you want to have clarity, and maybe even purpose, in choosing what, in this chaotic world we now live in, to believe... 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment