Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Entertainment! Presented by Celtic Thunder And... The Glee Project!

Now Running on PBS, WQED, Pittsburgh...

And recently I caught it! Admittedly, I was not prepared for the music to be what it was...I had seen the group before and most songs were more traditionally from their home land... After the shock, however, I was quite pleased with the songs!




After you listen to Bad, Bad Leroy Brown, you'll see choices for other selections: Standing on the Corner, a Surfer Medley, Just Like Jesse James, That's a Woman and Puppy Love...

Early in the program, I recognized one of the singers from another place! Damian McGinty



Here's the announcement on their home site

Celtic Thunder's, Damian McGinty has been selected as one of the top 12 finalists out of 40,000 contestants who competed for a coveted spot on "The Glee Project". The winner of the show will be cast in a seven-episode guest role in season three of hit show “Glee” on Fox. “The Glee Project”



Have you been watching this show? I have! It is on Sunday nights...and has only one or two shows left so the winner might have been named. by the time this is scheduled to run. Damian is now in the final four and has greatly matured during the time he's been working with the Glee Project. The selected individual will be placed on the television show, Glee--surely you've at least seen one of that show, right? Any show that includes singing normally gets at least checked out by me. As usual, I have mixed feelings about who might be selected, but I don't think they could lose if they pick Damian...

One other item on Celtic Thunder, WQED is now announcing an upcoming concert in Pittsburgh on November 1st, starring Paul Byrom who has such a fantastic voice!




This has been a Wild Card selection! Let me know what you think!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Glenda,
    I've been a BIG fan of Celtic Thunder for a few years now! Even though I've never seen That's Entertainment, I have seen all of these clips. The Celtic music & the feel the lads put on American music is just amazing. It makes you feel so good! Paul's rendition of You Raise Me Up is outstanding but even I have to admit that it doesn't meet Josh Groban's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I too loved You Raise Me Up! Fortunately we don't have to choose between singers...we can enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete