Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day! Jill Renee Grimm Prays From A Mother's Heart For Her Children

God has given me the ability to write prayers from my heart given the things I've encountered and what I believe in. So, in loving God and others, I thought sharing this prayer book would be the best blessing for my children and those that love the Lord. 

My children are very important to me. God would not have given these children to me if He thought I wasn’t going to be an important role in their lives. Being a mother who has prayed for my children before birth and after, I feel blessed, with four healthy children. It has given me something to sing and write about. I love them all equally. 

It’s not just food and shelter our children need. It’s being a parent who will take time to pray for their children, as well as with them. Praying is being in a relationship with our heavenly Father, praying pacifically for what is in our hearts and on our minds in prayer and songs to our Father in heaven. We as parents need to lift our children up in prayer daily. 

I believe that is our first and most important role as parents, until the day we die. There is a big world out there for our babies to conquer on their own. They need to know the love of God and that he is always with them through thick and thin and we as parents will stand beside them and help and encourage. Thank you, Jesus.

Children 

  Dear Jesus, I pray my children will learn to keep their children in prayer when they become parents. Amen  

Proverbs 17:6 Children’s children are a crown to the aged and parents are the pride of their children.

Hope

Dear Jesus, I lift my precious children up to you, put hope in their hearts for the things they can not see or understand in their life. But to have hope and trust in you Lord. Amen

Psalm 42:5 Why are you downcast, 0 my soul? Why so disturbed within me put your hope in God.

Protection

 Lord Jesus, I pray you will be a shield of protection around my children as they travel to school, work and activities. Lord, bless all whom are traveling, shield my children from another’s carelessness. Amen.

Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. ... Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.


Faith

Lord Maker of All
I pray as my children grow
in their belief
they will learn to keep their faith
And not let others discourage them...
Amen
Malachi 2:10 Have we not all one father? Hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Temptation

Dear Lord, I pray that you may keep any temptation from my children, of any temptation that may hurt them or anyone in their lives. And if they shall fall into any temptation, let them know that You are with them. And will be with them always. Amen.
Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. 

Respect

Dear Loving Jesus, I pray that my children will show respect to one another, and that others will show respect back to them, regardless of their age or position in life, for You say in Your word to show proper respect to everyone.
1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Abuse

Lord Jesus, I pray that my children will never have to come into contact with abuse in their lives, whether it be mental, verbal or physical. Or take part in it. I pray You will give warning before it becomes a problem in their lives or another's life. For you know, Jesus, what it is like to be mistreated as you were condemned to the cross... Amen

Psalm 51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.


Knowledge

Lord of All, I lift my children to you to guide and give them instruction as to how they should live, for at times I cannot be with them. For you, Lord, are their Heavenly Father who knows more of them than anybody else. Amen.

Proverbs 1:7  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.


Love

Dear Jesus, I pray that my children will learn how to love themselves and to love others--even if they are not like them. Amen.

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.



Hi Mom! Happy Mother's Day! This day is quite an unusual Mother's Day for me... First, I realize that I am older now, than you were when you left to be with God... I remember just how hard you had to work to raise four children on your own. I admired you greatly then, and I still admire how you ensured that all your children were dressed and in church every time the doors opened it seemed... And that you taught us such a work ethic that all of us worked hard in all ways, just as you did...

So, this week, I'm so grateful to Jill Renee Grimm who is a guest poet to celebrate Mother's Day. I met her just this week, when she cut my hair in preparation of heading to the hospital again, for surgery... You probably know this, but I had brain surgery last year to remove a tumor, which was successful, except, maybe for my right eye...which I will be checking out further after the 18th of this month, when I head back to the hospital to have a hip replacement! Every time I think of it, I remember that you were always afraid of falling and breaking a hip. As a LPN you knew it could result in your being a burden for us... Ironically, my hip began degenerating, so it may be that you were right in worrying about your possible fall... I'm so glad that you died quietly in your sleep...and never had to be away from home at that time.

I also was taken back into our earlier life when I learned that Ms Grimm, was not related to Gwen and her family with whom we grew up. I obviously thought of Kenny, my first boyfriend who gave me a kitten from his family's farm...and I've been a cat lover ever since...not so much with Kenny...LOL... who, if you recall, was allowed to date earlier than I was...
 
Two of your children are there in Heaven with you. Plus both of your sons-in-law. And our beloved nephew... Should be a grand reunion some day! Till then Tracey and her daughter, Rachel are my sometimes care givers these days... Rachel is a new Mom of my great-great-nephew with whom I've had the chance to  enjoy having the time to be with a young child for the first time in my family life... Avery is just wonderful! And he looks at me and smiles broadly, especially when I sing to him... He is a beautiful great-great-great-grandson for you to check out sometime if you haven't already...

So, I'm online finishing a blog article to celebrate your Day! And all Mothers Everywhere! Cool, right? You died while I was at work, so I didn't get to be with you, in time to say, again, I Love You! But I think the entire family realized that, because most of us always say I Love you every time we talk...we learned a hard lesson...But, on the other hand, I know that you knew we all loved you, respected you, and valued all that you had done for us in all things...

And, one of these day, Mom... and the time is getting closer and closer... when God feels His plan for me has been taken care of!



Until then, See you then With a big Hug...I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment