Thursday, June 28, 2018

Killer With Three Heads by J. L. Hill - Quite a Book!

He had started out in gangs and went on from there... when he defeated a gang, he would pull all that lived from that group, under his domain... His gangs were now here, there, and everywhere... By the same, I picked Eddie Murphy to play MOJO...he seem to fit for me...LOL

At the same time, he got friendly with a Mafia leader and they became close... MOJO had a special charisma with intelligence, drive, and a psychopathic personality, you might say... Although other Mafia leaders weren't necessarily pleased with a close tie to a gang leader...
His latest endeavors were with the blessings of the United State government--he had become a mercenary--hired to get rid of undesirables as defined by a special group who is responding to two corrupt congressmen...

Killer With Three Heads:
Killer Series Book 2


By J. L. Hill

This is one of the most frustratingly intriguing books I have ever read... First, it contains explicit violent and sex scenes that were well beyond what I would normally endure... I almost quit at a certain point, which happened to be a new part...and got more involved with the actual storyline... Finally, I came to think of it as a "man's book" a thriller that is almost a "James Bond" type, except... that MOJO is a criminal...

While MOJO is the central character throughout the novel, it is divided into chapters under a heading: Head of the Family, Head of the Business, and Head of the Government. 

And somebody under one of those heads has kidnapped MOJO's daughter!


"Bout time you got here. I was getting tired of sitting around this rat's nest waiting for you."
Sam is shocked back to sobriety by the voice in the dark. He thinks about going for the gun between the mattress and the headboard but waits to see if the voice belongs to who he thinks it does. "Morris Johnson?"
"Morris Johnson?" inquires the invisible voice. "That guy died years ago. You need to keep up with the times. I'm John Morrison. I am here because someone kidnapped a little girl and you are going to find them."
"First off, get that f...ing light out of my face." snarls Sam. He gives second thoughts to the gun. "And second, that is the worst alias I have ever heard."
I click off the flashlight and the room returns to the gloom of a broken life. In a moment, our eyes adjust to the streetlamp illumination. I'm leaning against the wall with the flashlight tucked in my belt. He has risen to his feet in a boxer stance. I laugh, he is well into his sixties and although he is tall and still muscular, a well-placed kick will break him in two. "I get that a lot these days. But you'd be surprised how many people don't question the obvious. Like those guys following you around all night."
"If you want me to help you find your daughter," Sam stammers, "You should have thought about that before you kidnapped my agents and got me kicked off the case."
"You're not listening. I said you are going to find the people who kidnapped my daughter. I'll find Maria, you can bet on that. And I didn't get you kicked off the case," I correct him. "They will never let you investigate the real crime. So I freed you, now you can go after them."
"I'm not doing anything until you release my agents."
"This... This is not a negotiation," I tell him with venom in my words. His eyes widen and he stiffens as I approach. "Your agent kidnapped my daughter. I kidnapped your agents. You get them back when you deliver him."
"Are you crazy?" Sam protests. "The FBI doesn't kidnap little girls."
~~~

Morris "MOJO" Johnson, AKA, John Morrison is a main character that gains sympathy by readers, as he discovers his daughter has been kidnapped... Only to murder people in every which way you can think of, including "skinning..." 

What he lacks in moral character is balanced out by the most exciting thriller scenes that I've seen for awhile. This includes all those gadgets and super-hero stunts that a James Bond will do...and then he takes it a step further and creates a new weapon that everybody wants, and especially the U.S. Government group with which he has acted as a mercenary...

The action makes you think that MOJO is actually the one with the three heads as he moves from place to place creating havoc...and sometimes personal relationships... One of those deals he worked out was for him to take the honeymoon with a former lover of his, just after she married another man...Wow! And then there are all of his other women who work along with him...as well as his wife... Does he love any of them? Can a serial killer love? Certainly he does his daughter! 

And, the whole story wraps up into a unique, quite extraordinary novel that caught my attention, despite the explicit violence and sex, and held me through to the end--not a surprising one, because by then you know what will be happening... But, dare I say, a very satisfying one, as he eliminated the bad guys, while holding on to his longer-term connections...still alive!

What's the best way for a psychopath to help society? Well, J. L. Hill's MOJO seems to be that vigilante that makes it happen in a thrilling, fast-paced story! It's a great book but only if you accept the explicit sex and violence... I keep my personal negative opinions out of my overall review... So... Check it out! You Decide!


GABixlerReviews



A native New Yorker, born and raised in the Bronx, I spent my adolescence years in Fort Apache, the South Bronx 41st precinct during the 60’s. Raised on blues, soul, and rock and roll gave me the heart of a flower child. Educated by the turmoil of Vietnam, Civil Rights, and the
Sexual Revolution turned me into a gladiator. Realizing the precariousness of life gave me an adventurous outlook to try anything once, and if it did not kill me, maybe twice.
12 years of Catholic education and a couple of years in college spread between wild drug induce euphoric years, which did not kill me, gave me an unique moral compass that swings in any direction it wants. A scientific mind and a spirit that nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough guides my writings. I enjoy traveling to new places and seeing what life has to offer.
I began writing short stories and poetry back in my early years. In my twenties I moved on to novels, but I fell out of love with the whole publishing industry. I worked in the financial industry as a processing clerk and later got a degree in computer programming, my other love. I have a successful career as a software engineer designing, developing and maintaining systems for the government and the private sector. I been programming for nearly forty years in various languages.
With the advantages provided by the expanding and growing self publishing business (print on demand over vanity publishing) and the explosion of social media/internet as a viable means of advertising I have returned to my first love, unleashing the characters in my head. Actually I never stopped writing, now that the kids are grown and my wife realizes that I have little other interest outside the bedroom, and I’m still a hopeless insomniac, I am free to pound out plots. Killer With A Heart is the first in a series for Bulletproof Morris ‘Mojo’ Johnson.
I enjoy writing crime stories and science fiction, with a slant on the dark side of life. Pegasus: A Journey To New Eden answers the question my wife asked me some years ago, “How do I feel about nuclear war?” I told her I was all for it as long as we find someplace else to live. My science fiction deals with the emotional effects of technology. Thirty years ago when a single computer filled an entire room and I was writing games on a monochrome screen I knew two things were certain. Computer games would be big and computers for all the good they can do would put a lot of people out of work.
Married with six kids, eleven grandchildren keeps me on the go.


No comments:

Post a Comment