Monday, July 2, 2018

What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven...

Today is my mother's birthday-- she died at 72 and I am now older than she was...

Still aging has come to me like everybody else and I've been dealing with all the paperwork that comes in planning for the event that comes to us all... It's not been an easy task--I fired the first lawyer after he messed around for months...so...beware that the activity can take much time!

Getting out the word that I am no longer accepting new requests for book reviews has been a difficult thing--I guess since I've always taken my blog across many social sites. Once in awhile I might take one but that is based on personal choice... Mostly I've tried to continue to read the hundreds of ebooks that have come to me one way or another. If I have one of your books, feel free to contact me and say you are still interested in my review... I'm admitting that using a reader/ebooks is extremely hard to manage since there is no real way to differentiate when books are added and to delete them when you've read them...Believe me, I've tried and have not figured out how to do it...

I am reviewing for Authors Den, which I joined years ago, when asked to be a reviewer there and earlier had a review system.  Now that has been totally revamped and made it very easy to manage the books I obtain there... I continue to accept and read hard copies, but at a slower pace, sorry to say...

I've also been doing a few proofreading jobs, and one story critique to give me a little variety from reading continuously. Hate to admit it, but my eyes are not allowing me to read everyday like I once did so I'm grudgingly adjusting to health issues...LOL

Many of you know that I've been very upset with the chaos now happening in America...Consider the thousands that have marched against the results of the no tolerance new policy and subsequent children pulled away from their parents... To see, now, that the actions were so mishandled, due to the mandated surprise of this policy from this administration, has left me angry and unsettled for the world as it now is... Blame Game and Untruths are spouted continuously... Anyway, Martin Luther King, as Elizabeth Warren recently pointed out when she spoke at one of the protest sites, said...


There comes a time
when Silence is Betrayal
--MLK

When Jeff Sessions used a Bible reference to support the government as he announced the new policy, I heard this administration was doing exactly what many of us has seen...Hypocritically using religion to do horrendous acts that God would never have guided...

Especially when I remember that God calls upon us to help the poor...and would never justify in any way tearing babies from the arms of parents..


Matthew 25:34-36
Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’

I am truly sorry that emotionally I have been changed by what has happened in the United States...I cannot understand how politics has become so divisive that we are ignoring the basic foundations upon which America was formed...

This book was an important one for me...It seemed to pull together sufficient background so that readers could see the evolution which, in my opinion, was culminated during this administration...America was built on Christian values...now Christian values are being used politically in so many ways...but mostly not as the foundation upon which America had as the Constitution was created... which was recognized by another country at one time...


Readers I believe in God who said to help the helpless...I also believe in effective and efficient planning and management, something I've done for all of the professional life... What political parties are using to blame the other is ridiculous... There is a better way--every long-standing institution, corporation, industry are based upon long-term strategic planning, implementation, and then management. This fighting between political parties is dividing America. Please consider what is happening to America and when the time is right, remember that Silence is, or can be, Betrayal of all that America was meant to be...

~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment