Thursday, August 20, 2026

Seyed Nourashrafeddin Presents In Search of Rain, From Motel Qu to Pittsburgh - A Memoir for Everyone - Part I

 I felt called to recount my experience as a member of Iran’s so-called “Burnt Generation.” In Iran, the Burnt Generation (Persian: Nasl-e Sukhteh) is the generation born between 1966 and 1990. They have experienced the 1979 revolution, Iran–Iraq War, and political or social consequences of these as children and young adults. I thought by doing so I could possibly help and motivate others who face similar challenges.



In Iran


As of Now in the US, NO LEGAL ACTION HAS OCCURRED!



My heart and mind was greatly touched by this book.
It is a personal memoir of one Iranian Man
It reads like a thriller, a fiction that is so unbelievable even as I knew it was Real...
Simply because it was merely sharing the reality of one man under an authoritarian regime
And I have been corresponding with this young man...

I find that words come to mind that are not yet about the book, but, rather, was brought to mind by this book. A book that I consider a must-read for all those who live in fear, anger, or just plain frustration of the state of the world as of now... For the first time in my life, I am seeing exactly what is happening in the United States... As has been occurring in older authoritarian countries throughout history??? At least that is what it seems to me as I learn new insights daily...

The author said I surprised him with yesterday's post. I can understand that. He had no reference of who I became in 2016 when I also first met a man through his words... BTW, This is a newly revealed video/discussion that I've never seen in toto... This was when The Young Turks first were talking online... It is not an easy video to watch. Especially for women. That's why I feel it is important to reveal the present leader of the U.S.


As I read, the question in the back of my mind, was what can be done to stop this type of madness... A madness that is based on intimidation, lies, criminal actions and the fact that this president initiated a war with the powerful world of Iran and, now, has no idea how to clear up the mess made, including the loss of Iranian children on the very first day of bombing--just as the U.S. is continually confronted with school shootings by guns that a political party refuses to control--and so much more...

"Let There Be Peace on Earth" is a song written by Jill Jackson-Miller and Sy Miller in 1955 calling for world peace and understanding, and inspired by "...the life-saving joy of God's peace and unconditional love" (quote from Jill Jackson-Miller). The song is performed worldwide throughout the year, and particularly during the Christmas season, which has led to it being considered a Christmas song. It is included in the hymnals of a variety of Christian denominations (including Catholic hymnals) and is used in worship services even by a number of Christian denominations that do not include it in their hymnals. The song received the George Washington Honor Medal from the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge for “Outstanding achievement in helping to bring about a better understanding of the American Way of Life.” The National Conference of Christians and Jews has also honored the composers with the Brotherhood Award. Recorded live by the Sunday 7pm Choir at St. Francis De Sales Church in Ajax, Ontario Canada. Thanks for listening and hope to see you at Mass one Sunday evening soon! Song Title: Let There Be Peace On Earth

This song received an award... in 1955. I've used different versions often in the last 20 years here at BRH... Seyed's book was my first book read from a citizen of a known authoritarian nation... Leaders of each country demands hatred of the other...claiming the entire country is evil.... Now we see that the older nation is stronger. Perhaps because there has been more years of hatred? Yet, what I now know personally and want to emphasize even more, is that the PEOPLE of each country are the same as you and me. That is saying that those who read and continue to learn and strive for more in their futures could be our brothers and sisters across the world.

We've seen the willingness of certain nations, the US now included, who go to war just for some type of need for more and more power and riches... while ignoring their actual citizens of their home country... as well as those they murder in other countries--Ukraine, Gaza, Iraq, Iran, Germany, North Korea... just a few of those who have leaders who have attempted, and sometimes succeeded, in mandating specific actions that places a man/men as a gawd to be supposedly allowed control of all for their personal pleasure...

At the same time, reading Seyed's story clarifies for me even more deeply what we have been watching as the Ukrainians have fought back as a country. And, now, that one man can also fight within such a nation where humans have become "less" than others in many different ways.


Consider Maria, a fictional character, who lived during still another war where a country was being targeted by another country... Yet, how many times have we had creators provide evidence of what can happen when people of all nations, working together, create! JOY! 


I for one miss that Joy that could occur when I left home and walked down by the river, or into an area where I could sit on a large rock and just listen, think, and enjoy the sounds of nature. (Now, just going out alone is a possible unsafe situation with ICE or other criminals freely working among us...) Then! Only to find an introverted friend, Seyed, who tells me that's exactly what he did in his youth... What did each of us gain from those moment alone in God's world? Perhaps he and I will share it in upcoming posts... Plan to visit often... Find the joy that awaits from all that we can be...

Human beings are members of a whole

 In creation of one essence and soul

 If one member is afflicted with pain

 Other members uneasy will remain

 If you have no sympathy for human pain

 The name of human you cannot retain


 A poem by Persian Poet, Sa’adi Shirazi

--In Search of Rain, Opening Pages, by Seyed Nourashrafeddin




As you can see, Seyed's book incited, in a good way, thoughts of brotherhood of man... May you also open your heart and mind to words such as these... More on this book soon...

Gabby


No comments:

Post a Comment