Friday, August 2, 2024

Diana Raab, PhD, Shares Her August Newsletter at Book Readers Heaven! Did you know that August 9th is National Book Lovers Day?!

 

August always reminds us of Fall coming...Autumn leaves...


Her Most Popular Book

Dear Glenda,



"Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world."


– Jeanette Winterson


August 9th is National Book Lovers Day. I believe that it's a day for readers to honor books and literature. In reading about celebrating this day, I learned that it's also advised, for as much as possible, to stay away from technology and try to read a paper book.


These past few months I've been dealing with a number of health challenges, and reading has been easier for me than writing. For the first time in awhile I've turned to fiction as an escape. I've always loved reading memoirs, but I've been truly enjoying the liberation that fiction brings. Of course, I'm always reading poetry too—that's a given.


Perhaps this month you can discover a new genre to dive into. Please check out my two book recommendations by author Paul Auster, who passed away earlier this year.


https://www.dianaraab.comhttps://x.com/dianaraabhttps://www.youtube.com/user/dianaraab1And More...Check out her site!
A bit of Her PoetryWhere is Heaven?Where is heaven to you? I want to touch heart to it. Everything remains very still.
~~~I didn't plan on adding additional writing with this post... But, following Dr. Raab around the internet, made me realize just how often there might be somebody out there in the world that has something to say that would mean much to any certain person...Some of my readers may not yet be aware that I have been locked out of Facebook "for my safety." Now that I am off of this particular site, I find there is so much more to life than one single thing or one group of friends, as precious as some of those have become... Diana Raab, for instance, is one of those individuals with whom I had connected years ago...Her words bring comfort to me. Notice that she addresses each email with a specific name, even though I know it can probably be done easily, still, it comforted me that she cares enough to want to address each of us individually!Dr. Raab has many interests and tons of specialized knowledge that many of us can learn from--and take advantage of!  I, too, have started writing for my own benefit, for my own catharsis from past conflicts. My words may also be found by another who has benefitted from my words. Do you keep a journal/diary? It might be time to start one!We need each other, don't we? How did I come to think about this today? Check out Raab's haiku above... I found I wanted to respond--What I call responsive poetry, which is about the only time I write poetry; i.e., in response to a specific situation...Where is Heaven?Heaven is Inside of Me.Touch me and touch God.Touching God is Touching Love.

Like a rose trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all

If you feel sometimes like a trampled rose
God is waiting to fill your heart...

Thank you, Diana Raab, for sharing your words here!

God Bless
Gabby

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my newsletter. With gratitude, Diana

    ReplyDelete