Thursday, February 19, 2015

Heading to Egypt with Anthony Ant - Wanna Come Along?!


Anthony Ant is back at Book Readers Heaven, just to pick me up and head to Egypt--I have allllllllways wanted to visit there! You might remember that we visited France on his last trip. If you didn't know that, do check out what happened!

Anthony Ant Goes to Egypt

By Julie Bettendorf

Fortunately, Anthony and I both wanted most to see the pyramids and the Sphinx... In fact, here's a picture as he and his new friend, Babu Beetle, traveled there!


Near the pyramids is a famous sculpture called the Sphinx,
Built over four thousand years ago, everyone thinks.
With the body of a lion and the head of a man,
Over two hundred feet long--imagine that, if you can.
~~~

Now I rode my own camel, just like the author in her pic below...Cool right! 
So, while I was there, 
I wanted to get at least two vids to share
We would make a great pair!
Ok, I just had to get in on the rhyming like Julie--quite fair!
Because, you see, her entire book about the trip is written in rhyme, also Cool!

I did get the author to admit, also, that Anthony travels in her suitcase, one she doesn't pack so tightly, but then he readily shares how he loves to travel...


Hi! My name is Anthony Any, and I love to go places.
When I travel, I can fit into some pretty small spaces.
Once I curled up in a suitcase, snug as could be.
When I came out, I was in Egypt--Whoopee!

Anthony is quite adventurous, but likes to travel with a friend, so when he went in to a cafe for some pita bread, he went right up to Babu Beetle and told her he was having fun and invited her to join him! Boy, I wish I could meet new friends as easily as Anthony Ant does! Do you?

While Anthony and Babu were enjoying the pita bread, I did too... I especially liked the sandwich and another dish or two...



Next they decided to go to the Museum...

So Babu and I sat down for some tea.
I asked my new friend, "Now what shall we see?
He said, "The museum is where we really should go.
I can tell you on ancient times, all that I know."



Tutankamun

Have you heard of this great ruler of Egypt?



























As before, and as you can see from the front cover, the book is done in beautiful bright colors that are sure to attract your child's attention. And, with this being a series, Anthony Ant will soon become a friend that will be welcomed and enjoyed... There's over 30 pages each filled with images from Egypt and a short rhyming poem of what is happening... And, don't forget, it's ok to enjoy the book along with your children! I certainly did! Highly recommended.


GABixlerReviews



Julie Bettendorf is a world traveler with a background in history and a degree in archaeology. Through her series of children's travel books, she shares the wonderful world of travel with children and her parents, as Anthony Ant teaches kids about other cultures, customs, and traditions. She has currently published the second book in the Anthony Ant series, and is in the process of publishing her first work of adult historical fiction, entitled "Luxor: Book of Past Lives." When Julie is not traveling with her daughter Erin, and son Max, she lives in Portland, Oregon.
Please visit Anthony's website http://www.anthonystravels.com/ for more information about Anthony's books.





No comments:

Post a Comment