Wednesday, March 1, 2006

A little light humor

As always, I find something in my email to make me smile!  As a singer, I enjoyed the following...hope you do to!

Hymns for All Professions

Dentist's Hymn: Crown Him with Many Crowns
Weatherman's Hymn: There Shall Be Showers of Blessings
Contractor's Hymn: The Church's One Foundation
Tailor's Hymn: Holy, Holy, Holy
Golfer's Hymn: There's a Green Hill Far Away
Politician's Hymn: Standing on the Promises
Optometrist's Hymn: Open My Eyes That I Might See
IRS Agent's Hymn: I Surrender All
Gossip's Hymn: Pass It On
Electrician's Hymn: Send The Light
Shopper's Hymn: Sweet By and By
Realtor's Hymn: I've Got a Mansion, Just Over the Hilltop
Massage Therapist's Hymn: He Touched Me
Doctor's Hymn: The Great Physician

Book Review's Hymn:  Wonderful Words of Life

Okay, the last one I added!  But...hey, it works!

                                           ***

I just finished Absolute Instinct by Robert W. Walker.  It is the last book in his series starring Jessica Coran.  Wow--is it a smashing finale!  A serial killer is killing women and removing their entire backbones...And using them along with his sculptures!  After he eats the marrow...Yeah. these are weird happenings, but I enjoy the "mechanics" by which the characters put together the pieces to have the good guys win out over the bad guys!  I hadn't read the entire series but have enjoyed several others by Walker.  If you are into CSI "stuff"...buy it!

Author Wright, who wrote Lavina, had asked that I do a little editing for him, so I reread this book over the last few days...and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time.  Outside of the Song of Solomon, I have never read anybody who wrote about a young couple in love with such beautiful wording--just as beautiful as those Biblical words!  If you haven't bought it yet, get it...it's about a young prince and princess from Africa, who, on the day they agreed to marry, were kidnapped and brought to America on a slave ship.  The book covers their separate lives over the next ten years until they find each other and immediately marry, still loving each other as they had originally declared.  Truly a book worth reading and remembering! http://www.bookreviewers.org/lavina_the_saga_of_an_african_princess.htm

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment