Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Q&A by Irving A. Greenfield

Q & A


I want to know why I do it?
What drives my need to write?
Fame?
Fortune?
Neither is in striking distance of my pen
any longer, or if they ever were I blindly passed them by,
or they passed me by for reasons of their own.
No use to rail at La Fortuna.
I wrote and still write without knowing why.
But with each finished piece, like a craftsman, I step back
and take pleasure in what I’ve crafted.
It’s mine,
has my hallmark written into it;
within its scope, it’s my world,
a creation like no other,
a love like no other,
a marriage like no other,
and often enough a misery like no other.
Yet with all of this, I still lack the answer;
but the question no longer matters.
I do it.
~~~~~
Irving Greenfield has written over 300 books and I now have the pleasure of working with him on a new poetry book! Cool!
~~~
Book Reader's Heaven Follower Contest
What thriller novel by Irving Greenfield was made into a movie?
Winner must be a follower of this blog...
Winner will receive a free book selected by the blog owner...
Leave answer as a comment on or after January 1st and I will add a comment when the correct answer has been given...


1 comment:

  1. Sorry, nobody knew the answer to this question! This contest is closed; however, check my latest post for book giveaways!

    ReplyDelete