Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Aloneness Sets In

It nearly startled me
as it covered in its way
that aloneness set in
why did it choose today.

I've fought through the blues
shared passions as needed
walked through darkness
as if the route had been seeded.

Some days zip on by
others hang on like a bad dream.
Every ounce of strength drained
when emotions reached extreme.

Aloneness sets in at will
even in the midst of a crowd.
Smiling with a face of joy
as loneliness cries out loud.

I am mostly happy
but must past through the blues
At times it is just too much
far more than I can use.

Why did it come today
in the middle of a big to do.
No matter what I was doing
my mind just wouldn't leave you.

Thanksgiving was a blast
till night fall slipped on in
There it was like an invasion
that loneliness back again.

If tears could build a stairway
and memories a lane
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again *

Del Cano 2008 December

* verse was found on a keepsake
Author unknown.


One of my favorite poets allowed me to post...I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment