Friday, March 8, 2024

What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven - Celebrating Women's Day, March 8th, Spotlighting Women's Issues at Forbes 30/50 Summit! And, The State of the Nation Address!






What a Wonderful Way to Celebrate my Own Birthday! I went to bed excited to have listened to  President Biden's State of the Union Address to America! Are you not as excited as I am? Well, what this President has in store for his vision of his next term will be celebrated by all women! Don't you think?

Obviously Women's Health Issues were spotlighted, as women affected by the chaos that has occurred since the overthrow of Roe under the previous republican president, who actually brags about it... Women, doctors and fathers are angry that once again the government wants to be a third member in every bedroom in America... stopping parents from making their own plans for their families. Biden will ensure that the will of the majority of Americans want to have Choice related to these personal issues is ensured. I've already stated my opinion. The government should NOT be involved in this matter, except as needed for providing access to basic medical support to our women...to our families!

And then, this morning, I listened as discussions occurred on MSNBC, as one of the moderators at the Forbes 30/50 Summit, Mika Brzezinski, discussed what was happening at this year's event! I don't remember any time in my life that I wasn't interested in supporting women in one way or another. One of the issues I thought of--which was spotlighted in Biden's plans--was about our teachers. My second-grade teacher was my neighbor during my early years. Her husband was a dentist. My Mom worked for the family, taking care of an elderly parent... That dentist provided all dental care for Mom's four children!

Later, when I started working, in Personnel of West Virginia University, I was involved in creating the permanent employee records, including for financial benefits. I knew salaries and I knew that the level paid to our teachers in public schools and at the lower level of instructors at the university level were very low--given the fact that these were the people who were teaching us to move upward in life! Now, it is wonderful to know that the president plans to increase the salaries for teachers in public schools!

And so much more! Listen to all that he said last night and provided above. 

My heading for this post, before all of the above, was "Are You As Frustrated As I Am?" Now, I can't even remember what I was going to write about... Our President is working for the best for America! He's now answered all the questions that many have had, clearly providing his position on each issue.

I am being led to books that respond to all the
questions we might have, including about immigration which I'm now reading and will tell you about soon...

And finally, I'm finding more and more Christian leaders who are differentiating between being a Christian, a believer in Jesus, and that of those who speak of christian nationism, which is a group who are definitely not of Our Heavenly Father... Please believe that I had the following two videos on my "Watch Later..." list. These are the two videos that He led me to watch today and share! Note that the man talking says that he is an atheist. I have no problem with that, because I agree with what they are talking about. Something has happened and those of us who see it clearly in America, are concerned! America welcomes all beliefs, even those who doubt...

I have found a group who speaks Jesus as I know him... Below is the beginning of a longer essay. I encourage you to move next if the beginning interests you as it did me... In my opinion, it speaks to the republican party's move for retribution, violence and hate as led by the past president... Please do your research and vote, I believe, for the man who wants to support America's citizens as Jesus would...

God Bless
Gabby 


He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,

And his kingdom will have no end.

There we have it.  Christ is judge.  And with that bit of information, there are countless people both inside and outside of the church who walk away.  Why insist that Christ is judge?  And why – of all things – feature it in a Creed that occupies so few lines?

Doesn’t this just prove that Christianity is for judgmental and cruel prudes?  Doesn’t it prove that God is really out to get us?  Doesn’t it prove that – for all the church has to say about love – that it is all just smokescreen and window dressing for condemning people to hell and sending a handful of people to heaven?

At first blush, it certainly sounds like it, especially if you have never looked evil straight in the eye.  Especially, if you have never seen the unspeakable horrors it inflicts.  Especially, if you have never watched your future be destroyed.  But what if we get in touch with just how far we can sink?

Let me offer you an example.  Recently, I’ve been listening to Ken Burns’s new documentary on the United States and the Holocaust.  Burns, who confesses his own deep love of America, notes that in exploring this subject, he was troubled to learn that our history as a country is anything but straightforward and laudable.

Contrary to the popular storyline that describes the GIs as the first Americans to discover the horrors of Nazi concentration camps, most Americans already knew that Jews were being exterminated in horrific numbers.  They knew it from radio reports, newsreels and newspapers.  Newspapers alone, for example, published over 3000 articles on the persecution of Jews during the first 100 days of Nazi rule in 1939.  And, to be fair, many Americans were alarmed by the news and took to the streets.

Continue Reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment