Sunday, January 1, 2023

What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven - What Will Happen As Changes Continue to Occur in 2023?

 




It's funny, you know, I didn't know how I would be sharing New Year's here at Book Readers Heaven, but before long, I found myself at Elevation Church! (This video is private so if interested, check it out at YouTube or Facebook) How Cool is That!?! Hearing a lot of new music and in awe as to how God Incidents seem to happen--just at the time that I needed to know--to know, for sure, that God is indeed with us!

Over the last week or so, I've been thinking about the Parable of the Talents and even began a draft post... Then somewhere along the way, I found a book... A truly remarkable book that, I assure you, could never have been placed in my hands... unless it was supposed to be...and read in sufficient time to share with you as part of the post already started... That will come next... But, it seems, that I've been waiting for this message... Just as the song says... I'm gonna wait on you...

You see, I've been so disgusted with the latest news about still another republican newly-elected congressman  who has totally lied about his "resume" as he ran for office to the U.S. Congress...


He joins the newly elected members who will take office in January, all of whom were election denyers as they were elected... Let's not think about whether that is a problem...let's face it, Donald Trump was a liar when he was elected and continued to lie through to his loss--and refusal to accept that loss, but instead went on to incite the January 6th, 2022, Insurrection.

Is America becoming a country that has no basic moral imperative NOT to lie? If you look at the history of the republican party during the last few years, and continuing into 2023, it becomes clear to those who are willing to watch, listen, and then accept the reality of where we are...

In a country that, no matter how much the incumbent president has accomplished, as promised, still every single thing that is discussed is related to the lies that are concurrently distributed by those who are maga followers. 

Sure, anybody will have to admit that they have lied from time to time and, mostly, for personal reasons that have little effect for others... This is NOT the same when politicians have taken an oath to follow the constitution, yet continue to lie and promulgate disinformation purely to cause confusion and chaos.

I'm disappointed because I see little if any change within the republican party to try to regain some bit of credibility and, also, to vote related to upcoming issues in Congress, to support America, rather than to continue to tear it apart with lies, including violence!

Still there is hope...Much has been put through since the Insurrection failed...and, if some republicans can begin to act in response to the needs of the United States, then we can continue to move forward... Don't forget, it's part of your responsibility to keep watch!

On a personal level, I'm now dealing with the aftermath of my hip replacement surgery. One leg is now shorter than the other, which had been predicted, but with a history of osteoporosis from my father's side of the family, I'm not sure what is the exact cause. I'm having a hard time walking with regular shoes (feeling like I'm falling forward), so will see how things go...

Next week I'll be heading to see my eye doctor to evaluate the size of cataracts on both eyes... Of course, my eyes are probably the most important part of my body for me, since I love to read and...spend time here sharing with all of you! Will let you all know what happens...

In the meantime, consider where you will be in the days ahead...Will you be working to help America through the continuing chaos? I hope so... We are seeing the results of an authoritarian leader, Putin, who, as one person, decided to start bombing another country, just because of his desire for more power! I, too, have concerns about how financial issues will be handled for Ukraine and the freedom that is being fought for daily. May reason, intelligence, research, and logic be used to move forward in saving a sister democracy, even as we fight here at home for our own! Freedom is not as easy as we once thought, is it?

God Bless

Gabbi


No comments:

Post a Comment