Thursday, January 19, 2023

Poetry - Loyalty - by Manny Monolin Moreno, Author and Ongoing Contributor...

 


I took this photo at Three Rivers Lodge years ago when I lived and worked there. I'm the middle shadow...

 
Loyalty

Honor
Dignity
Compassion
Unity
Forgiveness
Generosity
Respect

Do they still exist ?
Are they still being taught ?

There is no spiritual perfection only spiritual progress. Mistakes are important too. We learn from them. We grow from them.

I have been out of the "loop" for awhile now. Some by choice. Others by circumstances. Does one go to church to listen to sermons and walk out as if they heard nothing and return back to the ways of the social hysterias and confusion, to the ways of the "world"? When one goes to ceremonies do they play the part and only that?

To walk on the red road, takes commitment. Not without shortcomings but with effort and spirit. Being examples for the ones following.

As for myself I try and try to give back the things I was taught. From an ex-drunk who hated the color of his own skin, I stopped living like that over 24 years ago. So my nieces and nephews, my family,  would never see their uncle like that. It's been a long struggle to maintain my sobriety. But I kept my commitment. To give back. To honor my ancestors who didn't raise me to be anything less than the things they taught me. Jeewi. 

Just my thoughts. 

Manny M.
Lioj emomak tawa.





1 comment: