Thursday, February 17, 2022

Hopping Along with Oneeka Williams - The Year of Positivity! A Short Message About Love -- And Share Not Today Negativity!

 

I first met Oneeka through her persona, Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo! Dr. Williams is a role model and mentor for children, supporting her desire to encourage a career in science! Her series, features Dr. Dee Dee, who travels to planets across the universe! I loved all of them and quickly realized just how much Dr. Williams was both concerned and involved with children, especially Black children, reaching for all that they can be! Check out my reviews here at Book Readers Heaven...

 ~~~

So, I hope you had a  valentine day with those you love and are loved by! When I saw the Facebook post on Valentine's Day, I responded and immediately asked if I could share her words through Book Readers Heaven and she graciously  agreed...  Check out Oneeka on Facebook

Through Dr. Williams, I learned more about an issue that has always bothered me: Women should submit to their husbands...   1 Corinthians 13. I have seen how many men treat their wives! And it is not as Jesus would do! I remember a woman who went to a church many years ago, praying, publicly for her husband, who never attended church, nor even seemed to be aware of his wife's strong faith...  Then I met women who could not do anything without their husband's permission...even going to a movie with a female friend... Even now, in the chaos of today, there is a battle being wrought, isn't there? Banning books, white fragility, (but that's on another page...), and just how badly respect for women has been lost or ignored! 

I knew early in my life that I would be one who strongly supported the rights of women, joining professional organizations to learn more, then turning to organizational groups that worked to enhance the rights of women--Council for Women's Concerns, The Staff Council, and more... 

Even when a pastor asked me to lead a weight-losing group at church, I challenged him, asking whether or not he really wanted a single professional woman leading a group that was mostly married women... He handed me a book. I read it since he asked me to... When I went back to church, I asked him solemnly, "When can I move in?" He looked at me and asked what I meant. "Well, this book tells me that the church was to take care of single women who could not financially support themselves, without a husband--yes, it was that old a volume, or was it?! So I went on to ask..."So when are you and the church going to start taking care of me, financially? Well, I admit, I couldn't finish, without laughing...and he laughed too... But then, it really wasn't a laughing matter was it? The church has not really been kind to women in many ways, I have found... So I was thrilled when Dr. Williams did a little literary research on the meaning of the word submission...

 

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

 Whenever I had heard speakers about "submission of wives..." they never went beyond that basic statement... So I had gone on to read the "entire" scripture! My argument then became, to instantly move on to what the role of the husband was... He was to love his wife as Christ loved the Church...Specifically, he died for us! All of us! Of course, not ever proceeding into marriage had left me, maybe speaking, my own interpretation... Not so, for check out the following reference by Oneeka Williams!

 2022 - The Year of POSITIVITY! !

Sparking Optimism 

🧡 Cultivating Abundance!
Celebrating  the 30-year wedding anniversary count down
Do submission and love go together? 
Is submission important in a relationship?
Am I submitted to my husband? Is my husband submitted to me?

A few years ago, the leader of the women’s ministry at my church asked me to lead a workshop on submission at the women’s retreat.
Many of my friends had difficulty reconciling the request, as submissive would not have been an adjective that they applied to me! Truthfully, I was also scratching my head as to how I would pull this off!
“Submission” has had a negative connotation in relationships and when I asked my husband if he thought I submitted to him, his answer was a resounding NO! The traditional expectation of submission was not important to him. But what of the many other women who had a different experience in their marriage?I went DIGGING! I had to understand where the word came from. What I found gave me and every woman in my workshop LIFE!
The Greek word for “submission” is hupotasso which means to “get under and lift”.
It does not mean obedience!I could redefine the traditional understanding of “submission” to spotlight the Power and Partnership that was baked into its original intent.
POSITIVE PARTNERSHIP…When my husband is weak, I am strong, and I get under and lift!(AND)
When I am weak, he is strong, and he gets under and lifts!
I am empowered in our relationship! WE ARE THE WIND UNDER EACH OTHER’S WINGS!

WE ARE SUBMITTED, ONE TO ANOTHER (Eph 5:21)
So YES!!! SUBMISSION and LOVE do GO TOGETHER!!!#positivitycatalyst #Mindset #IslandofPositivity

No comments:

Post a Comment