Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Are you a Dog Lover or Know Someone Who Is? - Check out Shake Puppies for a Perfect Christmas Gift!.


Now you know when you see this picture of the author/photographer of this book, you are going to have fun! Everybody knows I'm a cat person, 



but cute puppies are right up there close... 

Now the pictures in this book are not just images of dogs! They are caught...caught in a very routine activity for them, especially when they are wet... All 130 photographs included are of puppies...shaking! Here's an example:

Meet Annie!


Isn't she Adorable? Each of the puppies included have two pictures that have been "stilled" during the actual shake. You'll see ears flying, tongues licking, saliva slobbering! Some of the pictures even catch the saliva...also stilled and hanging in the air! Truly Amazing!


This is Cloud...






Note that each full-color pup is set against a complimentary color that emphasized the puppy's color. Cool, right?! Although I would highly recommend you keep this in your home library, the author does sell individual prints in case you want to hang them [Please don't take from book you'll be sorry--just my personal opinion, of course...]




An undeniable wave of emotion comes over me every time I see a puppy. I get on my knees and wriggle. My voice jumps at least two octaves. Something in my heart warms. I see all the potential and curiosity, the desire to learn, the need to play, the search for direction, the trust. Anyone who doubts the emotional intelligence and need for compassion of an animal has probably never spent time with a litter of squirming dogs...
~~~





This is Hans...

The biggest lesson I learned from being around the puppies in this book is that the most revolutionary thing you can do to advocate for dogs is to train a puppy from day one...
~~~ 


Included in the book is a section on training your dog for ten minutes. She notes that the main reason puppies are surrendered is that they lacked basic training! 

She says:

Puppies grow up fast! If you're raising an eight-week-old puppy, don't wait until it's "not a baby anymore" to start its basic and house training. Start he day you get it... 

It is very clear that the author has the puppies in mind at all times and even though her information is just two pages, it appears to be concise and to the point...











PUPPY TIME LAPSE 1 day to 8 weeks from Carli Davidson on Vimeo.

Smack in the middle of making Shake Puppies, I got baby fever--not shocking, considering that my days were teeming with youngsters. Almost instantly, it became impossible to ignore...
I needed another dog...
~~~


This is Josey...

I loved the two pages of the author, along with a puppy, or two or more, as she's checking their teeth, giving a peticure, feeding, teaching commands, and just having fun! You will love it as well!

Also included are small individual pictures of each of the puppy models with age and their names...

 
 I'm Koda



This is Meatball!

'Nuf Said! LOL,,,







Hey! Listen Up...I'm Vincent!

I'm sooooo happy I got to read and review this book. When the publisher rep contacted me, I immediately told her I wanted pics, and preferably, moving ones...although there are no moving ones, of course, in the book.  But I hope by examining these awesome samples, you can recognize the excellent quality of the photography as well as the setup on each page... The overall quality is easily coffee-table ready that any dog lover will proudly display for others to share in their love of these wonderful puppies...

Great Christmas gift suggestion...you just gotta check this one out! I love it! Even if I had to dig into the author's photography for a few cats to add...LOL  


GABixlerReviews





Next Time There Better Be More Cats!
Photographed of course by the Same Photographer!



Photo of Author by Andy Batt

Carli Davidson is an internationally recognized, award-winning photographer and animal trainer. Her photographs have been featured in publications such as Vanity Fair, the New York Times, the Huffington Post, Rolling Stone, and Slate. She lives in Portland, Oregon, with her husband, Tim, pets Norbert and Yushi, and a rotating cast of foster animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment