Thursday, March 9, 2023

No Doubt presented by Ongoing Contributor Manny Monolin Moreno. Author, Artist...and My Adopted Brother

 



I remember four and some years ago, I went into emergency to see about this big red spot on the side of my belly. After the tests and xrays, two doctors met with me and said, Well, we need to have your next of kin come down. The problem is, you have a bad infection and the mesh inside of you has spread it through you. There is nothing we can do. 

I sat there in a daze staring into their eyes. I didn't have time to go home and check the mail or send out that bill. I didn't have time to think about anything other than getting ready to bow out. Fear didn't hit me for I have been like this at other times before in my life. I resigned myself and accepted that this was my time to leave. 

One of the doctors broke the momentary silence and said to me, If you agree to sign this form we can take you into surgery and try to take care of you, no guarantees though. And so I agreed having nothing left to lose. 

As they were preparing things, out of nowhere, this Asian man who I had never seen before, came up to me and asked if I would let him pray for me. I said yes. He dropped to one knee and placed his hands on my knee and prayed. In the operating room just before I knocked out from the shot, I asked the doctors and they let me pray for them. 

When I woke up an older white man I used to work with, was standing there. I asked him what he was doing here, because no one but me at this point knew. He said, I came to pray for you. I haven't seen him since that time. 

Somehow prayers were at work. We all had a prayer. All in agreement. Just happened, at that moment, for me. That's power. The next year almost to the day, I went through that all over again staying over a month in the hospital, having to get back the strength to walk. But, here I stand.

 There is power in prayer. 

If we doubt our prayers they just fade away. I am guilty of being like that at times. But with all the evidences of prayers answered, over a lifetime, I have no ground to stand on, to doubt. I have come to know... No Doubt...





No comments:

Post a Comment