Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Adolph Caso Presents Latest, Filtering Energy



Filtering Energy
By Adolph Caso


There being no answer
To the ultimate question,
That every human being with conscience
Has to become a believer
Despite the absence
Of any objective depiction
Of our image in God!
We know that neither
Two drops of water,
Nor,
Two snow flakes
Regardless on how they drop to the earth,
Are equally similar but never the same,
Unless touched by man.
For,
Only man-made things are definitive--
Changeable as we command.

I sit in front of the mighty
Adolfo Tree--its branches sprawling on the wall.
Missing from its peaks
Are samples of the typical perched raptors:
When they appear,
They produce beauty in motion.
As opposed to the awkward turkey vultures:
Their lives evolve in the manner of other forms,
And just as discriminating.

Branches run in all directions
Defying gravity in its very essence:
From the top to the bottom,
One side to the other,
Traces of water are evident everywhere:
In the smallest undeveloped leaf
To the largest tree-trunk!
From one side to the other,
All the while,
Water flows throughout.

What keeps it within the smallest leaf?
And, progressively,
How does it expand to or into the largest?
What makes each leaf flicker?
And,
After how many steps,
How many gates,
Does it re-generate itself into the ground?
What other gates open and close?
What other filters
Allow water to move forward and backward?
When it shimmers,
Can a Raphael objectively reproduce it with his brushes?
Energy is never energy onto itself;
It exists, only,
As a-never ending filtering devise
That unconsciously goes from one cell to another.
When it creates and turns chemicals into biological forms,
Consistently and uniformly,
With no connection
Between us—
Its ultimate goal becomes evident:
The creation of a new and different form
Than had ever existed.
~~~

Why am I shouting about my defeat?
My ignorance remaining,
It is tearing at my heart!
Despite a curiosity that is running rampant.

In full view of this tree,
Am I,
Finally,
The isolate I’ve been my entire life?
That I am unable to understand the tree
As a whole or in parts:
How can I understand my fellow men,
When I cannot understand who I am?
~~~




My friend, Adolfo, dedicated this poem to me...

I wondered how he knew that, I, too, like him, wonder...

How can I understand my fellow men,
When I cannot understand who I am?
~~~




Happy Holidays to All
Adolfo!

No comments:

Post a Comment