Sunday, May 28, 2017

Deliverance - Poetic Verse by Robert Fultz with Complementary Music...



Deliverance
Many were his enemies
For many years, he fled

To keep from killing his own sons
King David prayed instead.
One day came his deliverance
From all his evil foes
That day he sang unto the LORD
And this is how it goes:



My Rock and my Deliverer
My Fortress and High Tower
My God, my Strength, 
in Whom I trust
To Whom belongs all power.

I will call upon the LORD
Who’s worthy to be praised
In my distress, I cried to God
And now I stand amazed.

~~~

Robert Fultz

May 8, 2017





Psalm 17:1 ¶ « To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said, » I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment