Thursday, February 2, 2017

Twelve Years, One Month...What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven

Today, I reviewed my spam folder and found two that weren't spam... Instead, I read:

While I'm sure that any book blogger is heaped with praise for their work from publishers, I'll risk it and tell you about my conviction that Book Readers Heaven is aptly named; that it's a critic's heaven, mercifully free of gushing and incomplete sentences; refreshing in the broad spectrum of books you cover. I like it...

It got me to thinking about the first month of a new year now being over and how fast time goes by... It is almost impossible to realize that my first blog post was on November 2,  2005...Book Readers Heaven has been online for over twelve years, since I transferred my blog into its present home on Blogger from another site that had stopped supporting blogs...

I've been feeling tired lately but I find I still love sharing books! Hence, the Twelfth of Never!  I'll probably be sitting her typing when all of a sudden I'll be gone... Not really a morbid thought, since it will happen one of these days... Anyway, I'd never had such a statement made as from the publisher above--whose email I have not yet answered, as with others-- So I was wondering...How many steady viewers are out there? Care to share about your experience. I realize that many who visit come for a specific book as authors or publishers notify readers of the latest review... But, are there regular readers who "share" just because...?



The news for the past weeks has been both good and bad...
First, the bad... I have a gas well to my cabin and earlier this year, it stopped... I was without heat, hot water, stove for cooking, and without my clothes dryer... It had gone out before, I had been told, so I pulled out my space heaters kept for emergencies, and started to make do... A week went my and my family were getting worried...but I had no idea who to call...

Here's the good part... I typed in "Gas leak" on Google search... opened the first site...and within minutes I had a man on the telephone confirming my request...and within one hour the repairman was at my home! Superior service I must say, so if you live in the Uniontown PA area, let me know and I've got the card for the repairman...And I had heat by the time he left!

Stress like that wears me out...so I had delayed going back to the dentist when my last appointment was scheduled...and wound up going this week... While you are reading this, I'll be at the dentist for the fourth day in a row, having a new partial fitted...Yikes...I am not a good dental patient, never have been...and having what seems like a foreign piece of...something...in your mouth, let me tell you, is quite hard to get used to!

Soooo, I'm especially glad I have good books to keep my mind involved! Tomorrow you'll read about An Intangible Affair by G. X. Chen which is just out... I'm now reading about searching for a jade mask which is causing a young graduate student archaeologist to be in trouble!

Of course, you don't know it, but all of the books except three this month has been ebooks, so I'm trying to get as many of those read as quickly as I can. Don't think I told you but while a new roof was being put on recently, I had problems with Hughes Net--don't ask, let's just leave it that my network was down... Anyway, I took the opportunity to upgrade to the latest generation and it seems things are going well... The problems I was having with a possible hack of my Amazon account have been corrected, and I've been able to transfer mobi files into my reader... So things are back to normal, or at least as normal as they can get when I have more requests than I am able to respond to...did I use to say that was a good thing? Hey, I'm getting tired and stress/depression has been bothering me for quite a while... So, please continue to bear with me as I work through daily things...and depending upon God's strength to get me through one day at a time...

I hope you enjoyed the spotlight on Mitzi Szereto this month. It's extra work for me, but I do enjoy sharing a little more than normal on books once in a while...


I'll be trying to get my email requests answered this weekend... If you have something special in the mail for which you've not received an answer, please do feel free to write me again... In the meantime, I'm realllllly ready for spring to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment