Wednesday, June 1, 2016

What's Happening at Book Readers Heaven! Asking for HELP!

Sometimes, like the last week or so, I think about really retiring...no more Internet activities...

It's frustrating when some little change is required... or when you go back to your computer there are new issues to deal with. I went to Windows 10 some time ago and really haven't been happy... Funny when all I wanted to do is continue to do the same thing I do every day and just keep my computer up to date...NOT...


Anyway, while I am now behind on writing reviews, I am always behind on reading...Yes, like the guy above, I'm eating, breathing and living books...

Lately I've started get requests for Amazon products directly from companies. I've taken a few of them that I could use, but, mostly, it just adds to email...I've had over 500 emails from when my computer was down a couple of weeks ago and still haven't gone through them... BUT, for some I've had to just go ahead and delete and may have missed some coming personally to me...If you've found that to be the case--that I haven't responded--I apologize and ask you wait several weeks to write again if you wish.

Since this blog is automatically fed through to book sites, I've changed my sister Blog, Just My Personal Opinion, Of Course, to a public blog and I'll be posting my reviews of products on that blog since they require a much more personal opinion that books. I'll be using it more for articles as well, so do check it out once in awhile... You might have noticed that I started a sister Product Reviewers Roundup group on Facebook...hopefully, this will fulfill the need for many who ask for the ability to post product information as opposed to books/publishing. 

I Hate ebooks in general...Can't help my personal opinion! Have you your own library of ebooks, maybe on Kindle? Well, I have yet to be able to delete just one of those books I've downloaded! Do you know what that means, I have hundreds of books on any one of my reading tools at any given time, with sorts only for recent, or alphabetically title or author... So I'm asking for help...if you've sent me an ebook, would you please send an email to GABixlerReviews that says in Subject: Outstanding Ebook Review Owed...
I agree that I should have made better file management control by this time...I could only say that to keep books coming in and out as quickly as possible, mail and filing seems superfluous until it's too late... With paperbacks, I have no problems... I read and then load the book in a box to give to local charities... Therefore, that confirms that I will always give paperback books first priority. 

And if you know any secrets about getting rid of read books in your e-book library, please let me know... Heck, they even have the plan now that they will allow you to loan any of your books to friends! Great idea...but not for me, all it means is that I have hundreds of completed books that clutter up active files...Any thoughts or guidance and feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I have a backlog of reviews to write, one of which is by Stan I.S. Law, which is an unbelievable "fantasy" or "prophetic" book...looking forward to seeing what you think... I also met a new hero, named Dax McGowan, and spent some very cool days with his first two series books. Branden Books, for whom I've been reviewing for many years, has five new ones out and I have one to do as soon as possible, directly from Sicily... and I'm planning a short spotlight for Carole Roman's new travel books into ancient historical times...

So, as long as my computer works with me...the next two weeks should move quickly... Hey, it's June and I'm loving all my perennial flowers coming to brighten my yards...maybe I can share some on my other blog soon... 

From a personal standpoint, I am still "not great." At least two medications I recently were given caused water retention and/or prevented regular water loss. Legs are still bad and I've given up the physical therapy that had started out fine until the water buildup problems, which most of the family members have, takes control... Please be careful if this is a problem in your family...all medications thought to be responsive to use, such as for pain, can just cause other problems...

Sooooo, I'm going to add a new article for something I just got that did help me with my arthritis issues... Look for it next on Just My Personal Opinion!

But I can't kneel...so your thoughts and prayers welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment