Tuesday, September 17, 2013

J. R. Lankford's The Covert Messiah, Asks "Why Didn't You Believe My Words?"


Be Still and Know That I Am God...


"As more and more of the villagers slipped into the bliss that awaits beyond thought, Babu asked Jess the question that had plagued him all his life. How had humanity strayed so far from its source? Jess replied that the mind, once humanity's servant, had become its master. So much so that a Greek named Descartes said, I think, therefore I am. It was actually the reverse. I am, therefore, I think. Humanity had forgotten its identity was consciousness itself--not moral bodies. Faith moved mountains because of the power within, the gift of awareness given by God. Misdirected by fear, the opposite of faith, human consciousness created a world of enemies and dangers until the earth reached its present state--the brink of destruction, the planet dying, species dying, human beings daily killing each other and themselves. Of Jess's disciples, only Thomas grasped the Truth and correctly reported, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth and men do not see it."
~~~


The Covert Messiah



By J. R. Landford


When I realized that this novel is part of a series, I was sad that I hadn't read the first three books. But fortunately, the author went over those books in the video she provides, where she is reading the first chapter of The Covert Messiah, below... I hope to find the time to also read the earlier novels and the next one already publicized!  

When she was eight years old, a Russian girl
 named Ariakne Kramarik painted
 Prince of Peace, a portrait of Jesus.
OK, I got kinda excited with this book. After having just read the two books by Stan Law about merging mysticism and science, it was a bit of serendipity (or a God Incident?) that this book was next on my TBR stack! 

Even though I had not read the earlier books, I was able to easily sink quickly into Lankford's continuation, mainly because she writes much about the internal thoughts of people--her characters--and readers have the opportunity to see the guilt, frustration, and anxiety that many of us feel, but never reveal to others. The humanity that each of us experiences is very relevant, since it lays the groundwork, the basis upon which the Messiah character speaks out His truth...

Because practically everything the character says, had already been said by Jesus!

Not even His Mother had really believed His truths...

I don't know about you, but this picture which I found on Lankford's Facebook page, instantly became my favorite portrait of Jesus. After you study it, lean back in your chair--I swear his eyes spoke to me!!! But then, I've listened and felt the presence of the Comforter for many years, just now, however, really realizing the truth behind what His words...really mean...

My guess is that, given the way the writer wrote this book, she also was given the vision behind His words... Perhaps you will read them differently, too, through this particular novel.

Earlier books tell the story of the Shroud of Turin being the source of the cloning of Jesus... Now, I'm one of those believers who think that would really be a cool thing, just so you know... Unfortunately, he was murdered when he was just 10 years old... 

Русский: Спас Отпечаток лика Христа на Туринск...
Русский: Спас Отпечаток лика Христа на Туринской плащанице
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

In the Covert Messiah, Jess had materialized in front of his mother while she was in the market in Porlezza...
"I didn't expect to run into my son eight years after he died...In the brightness and the crowds I almost missed Jess. The sunrise had just turned Lake Lugano into liquid diamonds. I was at the mercato del sabato, the market in Porlezza, held every Saturday on the lakefront. By now I was used to Italy's northern lakes--their extravagant aura, the surrounding green of Alpine hills, the markets held in shore side medieval towns, each on its own speial day...Today would have been Jess's eighteenth birthday..."Ciao, mia cara madre," he said in a voice that belonged to no one but Jess, even eight years older. I must have dropped my market tote and passed out, because the next thing I knew I was on the ground, staring at people's legs, my head resting on what smelled like squashed oranges and my precious Jess bending over me...I knew it was Jess. I knew he was here. I knew he was dead...Are you real this time? I whispered. Jess had appeared to me in a vivid dream after Peter's birth seven years ago...I am real in the way you mean..."
 ~~~ 


Jesse was on his way to Ugudu, a small village...He wanted his mother to go with him. Maggie was the housekeeper of the man who had initiated the cloning and had agreed to carry the baby. So when Jesse sprang his plans on Maggie, she began to question him... Remember that he was just 10 when he had been killed and she was now seeing nearly a grown man, going about his business, just as Jesus had... Maggie was having quite a bit of trouble "getting with the program" just as perhaps we all would??? In any event, they finally wound up there...

As did quite a number of other people!

Zach Dunlop was going after his wife, who had gone with the pastor who had first established a mission in the village. He had recently been asked to the White House and was encouraged to proceed... When Zach's wife learned that, she insisted on going too--her final goal was somehow getting to the White House... Indeed Zenia was a beautiful woman who was quite willing to do many things to ensure her personal plans for the future... And if she needed to "help" the Pastor in those efforts, well, she was going on safari!

Zach worked on Wall Street and had learned of early rumors about AmerCan, a Canadian mining company heading to that location. He had already advised his boss to "buy..." However, later he heard that there might be trouble and went to ensure his wife's safety. On his way, he met a young girl, pregnant, and daughter of Felix, who had been the scientist who had performed the cloning. When Felix verified his daughter, who had heard that Jesus' clone was in Africa and was headed to find him, he, too, started to make travel plans.  Zach and her accidentally met and joined together in their travel plans...
Zach had a friend working with him, Ahmed. He was in love with Ajia, a young African woman who was very involved in helping to ensure further loss of land, resources, and people, to the whites did not happen. Ahmed was living under a different name to hide his background and family connectiions. Ajia had acted in a forbidden manner with Ahmed one night and they both were working through what they could do... Ahmed had a plan and Ajia demanded she participate...

In fact, there was already a group of men, working with the Pastor, who were from governments of Africa and America, as well as AmerCan, on their way to Ugudu. It was planned that the Pastor would do introductions and announce that AmerCan would dig and provide for well water for the village. Of course, there was much more involved.

Quite like a soap opera, right? But...


"All in Babu's life had prepared him for this day. He and Jess (Jesus) became one with the drums, creating a frequency in the air, producing sound waves with which brainwaves could joyfully synchronize. For Babu it had always been the first step in opening to God...people were getting into position on the ground...
"So many had come they'd had to form two circles, one within the other...Except for Watende and his mother, everyone was here...Soon the ngoma drum had done its work, and Babu picked up his nsanza, its sweet, high notes lifting hearts...
"Will we change this today? Babu asked in thought.
"We two are here together for this purpose, Jess replied..."
~~~

Imagine if you would that you are one of the individuals heading for Ugudu. You might be the scared young girl who got pregnant while drinking and doesn't know who the father is... You might be an individual who has committed adultery... Or you might be on the way to commit murder... Or you may be there to steal the land... Or you may be an individual who is very religious but never believed what the Words said in your ancient religious books really meant...

What you will find is The Comforter, in the form of an 18-year-old body, together with an African healer who has taken back his rightful place in his village... And all individuals there in a sacred circle... 

What happens will be your choice. Your Free Will. This book cannot just be read... it will be experienced. Some of you will laugh, ridicule, or perhaps think it's a pretty good story. Others of you will not consider what was said of any use to your life. What did I think of this book? I think it has been an instrument of truth and renewal for me. May you read it with an open mind to see what it becomes for you.  At a minimum, it is memorable, fascinating and very provocative! An exciting hypothesis of the second coming???


GABixlerReviews


In the 1990’s I, J R Lankford, quit my former job -- which involved jetting around the world to oversee the development of world standards for electrical products (my husband teasingly called me the “Secretary General of oven controls”) -- to pursue a childhood dream of writing novels. Perhaps I wasn’t of sound mind at the time. Who quits a job that lets you work in London, Paris, and Geneva, in favor of sitting alone in a room and scribbling? Well, me, and I’ve never regretted it. Novels fulfill me in a way the world can’t. I fall in love with the outrageous, courageous, cowardly, dangerous, unscrupulous, seductive and perfectly heroic characters in my mind and can’t resist bringing them to life in words. If you’d like to know more, here’s “How I Became a World Citizen (A True Confession)” See more on her Web Site!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment