Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lovin' Doo Wop...with Little Anthony and the Imperials

NEW YORK - OCTOBER 29:  Little Anthony and the...Image by Getty Images via @daylife





Doo Wop!









Perhaps every generation best loves the music that was popular during their teens and early 20s...at least it is true for me... Every once in awhile a Doo Wop program comes on WQED, Pittsburgh and I find it happening, while flipping through the channels... I rarely plan to watch certain programs since I don't like to "plan" too many things as I've gotten older.

I caught a little of the program publicizing the October 8th Benedum Center program in Pittsburgh, starring Little Anthony and the Imperials as well as several other acts, including The Coasters. Traveling these days, especially at night, is not something I consider much, due to my concern about driving at night in areas where I don't know where I'm going and have to consider night vision issues...

But I'm quite content watching and listening on Television! And I love watching the performers from my early life, still performing, either for special events, or, some of them, still giving ongoing performances. This group is still very active - Check out their web site!

Little Anthony is someone special, don't you think? I sat there being amazed at the breath control and the power of his voice--funny how I notice these things now that I'm older...LOL You might also notice that I included vids with them being the same age as me...like, right now... Quite Good Looking Guys!

Let's Listen! Hurt So Bad...In the TV program, Little Anthony indicated that this was his favorite song. I've listened to both a tape from when he was younger and this one...his mature voice is soooo much better! I find that this one song keeps playing through my mind...if Anthony has not been hurt in his personal life, then I am quite mistaken and he is even more of a wonderful performer than I've thought! We are able to see his feelings so intimate, so hurt...and when he says Go...we know that it is because he can no longer stand the pain...His favorite might very well also be his "signature" song because nobody can think of Anthony and the Imperials without thinking of Hurt So Bad...

...Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop...Such Fun!

Goin' Out of My Head..all from the TV performance... and you can find lots more online! I just had to share a few of the greatest here with you. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I!









This is a Wild Card!   Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment