What’s Age Got To Do With It?
By Robin McGraw
I really didn’t know what What’s Age Got To Do With It? By Robin McGraw was going to cover, so when I realized that it included a lot of information on hairstyles, makeup, clothes, I put it aside at first. When I review this kind of book, I read it differently—I take it a chapter at a time...and I’m glad that I did! There is a wealth of material available to the readers and I recommend that this book be purchased for your personal library so that it can become a permanent resource for you. The emphasis on achieving and maintaining good health will make this a valuable reference for women at any age.
Many will automatically recognize Robin; however, if you don’t, she is the wife of Dr. Phil McGraw and she attends every show! You will most definitely see her as she and Phil leave together. Beautiful Woman! Because she is beautiful, and because of her active role in this show, she receives a lot of feedback, questions and comments from fans of the show. My guess is that, by now, she has her own base of fans.
What’s Age Got To Do With It? is all about women. Readers will quickly grasp that Robin has a great passion to help women and enthusiastically answer their questions. In fact, the book evolved out of the many emails she received and many are included in the book. Each chapter includes a personal narrative by Robin, giving lots of background about her personal trials and mistakes, which help to lend credibility and warmth—being willing to admit to having made bad hair decisions, and having to live with them, for instance, is not something we women normally are willing to do—we want to forget our mistakes! Each chapter also includes submitted questions that are answered by the set of experts who have assisted her in writing the book. And spotted throughout are “Robin’s Rx boxes which contains interesting little tips.
I found the chapter on hormones the most beneficial; however, each woman is bound to discover something meaningful to her as she discusses women’s issues from head to toe! Here are some highlights that I especially found beneficial:
· “I wanted to share what I was learning and help them [women] understand that taking care of yourself and becoming an active manager of the body which God has give you isn’t selfish—it’s essential. (p. 4)
· Women need “me-time” and must ensure it happens!
· Exercise can reduce risk of major diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, etc.
· A surprising side effect of too much sugar? Wrinkles!
· A sample menu for 14 days is included!
· Examine skin each month for brown spots and follow up if needed!
· Read about/research bio-identical versus synthetic hormones!
· Deflate puffiness around eyes by . . .
· Big purses (and backpacks for kids) are not always healthy—they can create back, neck and shoulder strain!
· Find clothes that are both fashionable...and comfortable!
· How will I know – will Jesus call me on the phone? (p. 209)
· Accept your age and work to keep your body God’s temple.
· It is not selfish to be an active manager and nurturer of what God has given you.
If you see anything in this review that you find interesting...then I have no hesitation. Buy and add this book to your personal reference library! What’s Age Got To Do With It? by Robin McGraw is sensitively written so that you feel like you and Robin are discussing personal issues—and she’s not going to embarrass you, ‘cause she’s be telling her own stories right along with you. It’s time to read this if you are 20 and above!
G. A. Bixler
IP Book Reviewer